Chapter 10: It's Unbelievable

(Peter's Pov)

This morning, I woke up early to get ready for school. I headed to the kitchen and got myself some breakfast and hung out with the others before heading to class. I had expected Faith to at least come down and get breakfast but I haven't seen her all morning. I shrugged it off and thought maybe she was still resting and sleeping in since she was still hurt after everything that happened.

So, once I had finished breakfast, I headed off to class. I tried to focus on my work but there was this uneasy feeling in my stomach that I couldn't shake off and I couldn't figure out why. The bell had rang which snapped me from my thoughts, I didn't even realize I was staring out into space until the bell brought me back to reality...Oops I have not been paying attention this entire time...my bad.

I shook my head and sighed as I gathered my things and headed up to Faith's room. I knocked on the door but heard nothing which made me confused, where the hell could she be? I slowly opened the door unsure if she was changing or anything, but I looked to see she wasn't inside, "Faith?" I called out but heard nothing. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and used my speed to run outside to see if she was in her forest, which she wasn't. So I sped around every part of the building and I couldn't find her...Where the hell was she? But most importantly why was I so worried?

I took a deep breath before heading to the Professor's Office. I knocked on the door "Come in" He said, I walked in seeing Hank and Charles talking to one another "Ah Peter what can I do for ya?" He asked, "Have you seen Faith? I can't find her anywhere and I've searched everywhere" I asked worryingly, Charles and Hank looked at one another "No, we thought she'd be with you" Hank stated,

I shook my head "I haven't seen her all morning so I thought she was still sleeping but I just checked her room and checked her forest area but she wasn't there" I said, Charles zoned out for a moment "You're right. She's not here" He said and blinked a few times. I nodded "Where could she have gone?" I asked, "we can use Cerebro" Hank suggested, "Please?" I asked, Charles and Hank nodded as we headed down to the basement were Cerebro was located.

I followed Hank and Charles to the room where Charles put on the headset and Hank pressed a few buttons on the machine "Alright everyone stand still and don't make a noise" Charles said, I took a deep breath as the machine powered on and Charles focused his mind on all the mutants in the world but more specifically, Faith Carter.

Once he managed to focus more on Faith who was sitting in front of 2 headstones, the scenery around him became more clear "is that? A Graveyard?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows a bit. Hank and Charles looked at each other solemnly "Fernhill Graveyard. That's where her grandparents are buried" Hank said crossing his arms "She's visiting them?" I asked,

They nodded which made me nod "Thank you professors" I said and sped off to go see Faith. When I had gotten there, I saw a bright green light from afar which made me normally run to it. I heard Faith wailing as she was protected by this dome of roots, vines and flower stems that had flowers sprouting from it. My eyes widen a bit by the look of it and how Faith was doing this...she gets more interesting the more I hang out with her.

I kneeled on the floor and reassured Faith that I was right here and to let me in so I could make her feel better. She nodded as she released herself from the dome which made me hold out my arms towards her. She choked on sobs as she jumped in my arms and sobbed into my shoulder. I said nothing but held her tightly while rubbing her head and back trying to get her to calm down.

She held onto me tightly, fearing to let me go. She sobbed for what seemed like hours. It broke my heart to see her so sad and so hurt...I want her to be happy. I want her to be okay...I wish I could take all her pain away and make her feel better but I can't...but the least I can do is just be there for her and help her out the best I can...