Chapter 5: Lost In You

(Faith's Pov)

After hanging out with Peter yesterday, I had a lot of fun...I don't think I've ever had that much fun before...mainly because well...I don't have any friends, I'm in my room day, every day either doing homework or out in my forest with my thoughts...so yea let's just say my life is very boring and very sad and that's the first time I've ever had fun in my life...yeesh I need better hobbies.

Peter Maximoff sure is something else...he's suddenly made me feel things i've never felt before. I mean he's my very first friend. He's funny, kind, sweet, caring, not to mention handsome...he's made me feel happy and I was glad to be his friend and that he's not like anybody else...

Anyways, I fluttered my eyes open to the sun shining through my bedroom window and my alarm clock going on. I groaned and hit the snooze button and sighed as I yawned and sat up. I rubbed my face tiredly and stretched a bit, cracking my stiff and sore muscles.

I wanted to take a shower before school so I hopped out of bed stretching and yawning again and headed to my bathroom to take a shower. I sighed as I turned on the water and stripped from my pj's. I hopped in and let out a small sigh as the hot water felt nice. I hummed softly and did some vocal warmups because singing for my plants sure does take a lot out of me, not to mention drains my energy a lot...I should figure out how to fix that...

After my shower, I turned off the water, hopped out and wrapped a towel around me. I headed back to my room, dried off and put on some lotion. I hopped in clean undergarments and into a black dress that went to my knees with a grey cardigan. I slid on my boots and dried my hair which made me smile softly and sigh.

I grabbed my bag and headed out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen to get some coffee and breakfast. I walked in the kitchen seeing the professors and Peter with some other people which I'm assuming he made new friends which made me sigh a bit...I know I can't be his only friend but seeing him smile and laugh with them which made me blush and smile shyly.

I shook my head and grabbed a mug and poured myself a cup of coffee and got myself some cereal for breakfast. I looked at Peter again which made him look at me and smile as he got out from his seat and walked over to me which suddenly took my breath away "Good Morning Faith" He greeted, I smiled shyly "M-Morning Peter" I stuttered shyly,

He smirked a bit "did you sleep well?" he asked, I nodded which made him smile "Cool. You wanna hang out later?" He asked, I blushed and nodded "Love to" I said, he smirked "Cool. Meet me by the lake later" He said, I nodded which made him nod and wink at me before heading out which made my eyes widen and face flush furiously. I felt my heart race and stomach churn which made me sigh as I shook my head and sipped my coffee and ate my breakfast.

After I finished breakfast, I headed to Charles' office which made him look at me and smile "Ah good morning Faith, did you sleep well?" He asked, I smiled and nodded "Good. Shall we get started?" He asked, I nodded as I got out my books and homework and just began to work with Charles.

Eventually we had decided to go outside and test my powers more even though I do that almost every day. But Charles said there's more to my abilities than I realize which made me a bit confused. I mean I know how to restore dead plants but I've never really tried anything else...nor have I figured out how...Hmm maybe this will be good for me...

Plus, Charles said with more practice, I can do other things with my abilities because all it takes is some strength, knowledge, concentration and confidence and well I trust Charles so I will try to do just that.

When we got outside, I took a deep breath taking in the fresh cool air and bright warm sun. I followed Charles over to the lake where targets had stood at the end which was about 15 feet away "Alright Faith, I want you try and destroy the target over there" He said and pointed to them.