Chapter 6: Welcome To My Darkside

(Faith's Pov)

After training more of my abilities yesterday, I didn't do much for the rest of the day because it certainly drained me a lot so I pretty much relaxed and studied and then once it was nighttime, I hit my bed and was out like a light.

The next day, I fluttered my eyes open to the sun shining through my bedroom window. I sighed as I looked at the time to see it was 7am which made me sigh as I sat up and rubbed my face and head tiredly.

I hopped out of bed stretching and yawning and headed over to my dresser. I put my hair in a messy bun, hopped out of my clothes from yesterday since I forgot to change into pj's last night because I was too damn tired to change. I hopped into regular blue jeans with a cropped t-shirt.

I sighed and yawned again as I slid on my shoes, grabbed my bag and headed out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen...however...I could feel people staring at me and I could hear the other kids laughing and snickering at me...I frowned and sighed wishing it would all just go away but it doesn't...and it never will...

While walking to the kitchen, some teens shoved me which made hiss "Watch where you're going freak!" The teen girl screamed in my face, I sighed and fixed myself and continued to head to the kitchen but of course every kid that had walked past me whispered among each other, laughed at me, called me names, gave me these disgusting looking faces and shoved or tripped me out of their ways like some monkey in some circus...

I bit my cheek and clenched my fists tightly trying desperately not to cry. My heart raced and chest ached. I clenched my fists as hard as I could hoping to feel something else then this pain I feel inside. I took a few deep shaky breaths and blinked the tears away before heading into the kitchen seeing the professors and Peter talking with his friends which made me sigh as I went and grabbed a mug and poured myself a cup of coffee.

I didn't want to bother Peter while he was with his friends...I'll admit though...does kinda suck but I know I can't be selfish and have him all to myself...he's allowed to mingle and make and have other friends...I have nothing against it...guess it just still sucks how truly alone and lonely I feel and how no one understands...or even cares...

I could feel the tears wanting to escape my eyes but I refused to let them fall while I'm around everyone...I mean not like it matters but still. I sighed and sipped my coffee in silence until I saw Peter walk up to me "Morning Faith" he greeted, I smiled sadly "hey" I greeted softly, Peter frowned "Are you okay?" He asked,

I looked at him and smiled even though it hurt my heart to do so but I can't break down right now...not here...and especially in front of him, "Y-Yea I'm okay" I said lying straight though my teeth hoping Peter bought it. He glared at me for a moment "you sure?" he asked unsurely, I nodded and sipped my coffee "Just didn't get much sleep but I-I'm okay really" I lied again.

Peter nodded hesitantly "you wanna hang out today?" He asked, I smiled softly "Always" I said, he smiled "Great. See you later in our regular spot?" he asked, I nodded which made him smile and nod and walk out which made me drop my fake smile which hurt my face and sigh.

I saw Charles stroll up to me which made me look at him "Morning" I greeted pitifully, he nodded a bit "I don't have to be telepathic to know what's wrong ya know?" he asked and looked at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes "doesn't matter. Shit's always the same" I said with a shrug and sipped my coffee, Charles frowned "Maybe there's something I can do?" he questioned, I scoffed "Do what you always do? Expel the kids who bully me and then what? They always come back and shit gets worse so what else can you do?" I asked now a bit with frustration,

Charles sighed "I can kick them from my school" He said, I scoffed and laughed a bit "Yea okay. Kick every single mutant out of your school? Sure, good luck with that" I said sarcastically and finished up my coffee and walked back up to my room not caring about going to school today...