Chapter 4: New Friend?

(Faith's Pov)

After yesterday's events of Charles showing the new guy around and me actually having the confidence to show off my useless powers, I couldn't actually stop thinking about him...I really wish I had the confidence to walk up to him and introduce myself but I literally don't...like I'm so socially awkward and filled with so many insecurities and self-doubt that it's just made me have crippling social anxiety...

Not to mention I have extreme trust issues that I'm afraid if I get close to this guy that he'll be like everyone else...but I don't know...maybe something in my gut was telling me otherwise...I don't know...I felt like a mess if I'm being totally honest with you. But maybe Charles is right and I'll wait to see if he approaches me, but even that waiting is killing me because I've seen him around the mansion and we've shared smiles and such but he hasn't approached me yet...

Man I hate this feeling, I also felt super tense and filled with anxiety that I spent the rest of my days relaxing in my forest until it was time to go to go sleep because I felt so anxious and nauseous the rest of the day that I couldn't really do anything about it.

Eventually it got late seeing as the sun was slowly setting. I didn't want to leave my forest area so I didn't and just relaxed there for a while because why not? Can never go wrong with that and it was actually nice and quiet for once because the rest of the kids had gone inside for dinner so I was alone and I enjoyed the peaceful silence.

I leaned against a tree and sighed as I hummed softly enjoying my little nature area. The nice tall and healthy green trees, the nice and lovely fully blossomed colorful flowers and all the fresh shrubs and soil that helped my plants grow, I'm glad this is a state that gets rain and shine no matter what so my flowers basically survive all the seasons...And also because I'll never allow them to die on my watch so.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sounds of the birds chirping, squirrels barking, and I'm sure there were many tiny critters within my forest area that helps my plants and trees grow or simply enjoy the soil and made their homes here.

I smiled softly and sighed as I looked out at the sun slowly setting behind the mansion which made me smile softly at how beautiful and peaceful it really was. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw a shadow of a person walk towards me. I glared my eyes a bit trying to see who it was seeing as no one approaches me and well Charles is in a wheelchair.

I hovered my hand above my eyes to block out the sun and looked to see it was that boy from earlier. My eyes widen and face flushed shyly as I felt myself getting shy and anxious. I wondered what he was doing here and why he was approaching me.

I tried to shake my head of all the negative thoughts as I sighed and took a deep breath. The boy sat down across from me which made my heart race and stomach churn "Hey" He greeted, I smiled shyly "hi" I said, "My names Peter, Peter Maximoff" He introduced himself, I smiled softly "F-Faith Carter" I said back...god this fucking tension can cut paper I wanna crawl under a rock and die.

Peter smiled "It's nice to meet you Faith. The professor told me I'd find you in your usual spot which makes sense" He said and looked around my forest area. He looked quite impressed if you ask me. I smiled softly and fiddled with my fingers "Oh yea Charles set this area up just for me because of my abilities" I said with an awkward chuckle,

Peter chuckled, "I can see that" He said with a small smirk, I blushed a little and nodded as it got quiet for a moment "So are you just enrolling?" I asked even though I knew but it was the only question that popped into my mind "Yeaaa I needed to get out of my mom's basement and well she suggested I come here so why not" He said with a shrug,

I nodded, "What's your power?" I asked, he smirked as he got up and zoomed to the school and back with a twinkie and drink in hand. I giggled "Superspeed? Sweet" I said, he chuckled and nodded as she shoved the twinkie in his mouth, "I assume you know my ability" I said and blushed shyly,