Chapter 16: I Will Try To Fix You

(Peter's Pov)

After the events of the yesterday, I wanted Faith to sleep as much as possible knowing how hard it is for her to sleep and knowing that her letters from her grandparents got ruined, I wasn't sure if she'd be able to get much rest anymore because of it. The next day, I woke up to my alarm and did my normal basic routine and got ready for school.

I headed downstairs and socialized with the others before realizing that Faith still wasn't awake yet. I got kinda worried so I excused myself from the others and walked up to her room. I knocked a few times and heard nothing which made me peek my head in to see Faith sitting up on her bed...She looked worse than ever, worse than yesterday...it broke my heart to see.

I walked over to her and crouched down to her level, I asked if she was okay but all she did was shrug as if she had no idea what to think, say or feel...which I got, I understood after everything that's happened yesterday so I didn't blame her for not wanting to talk...I just hate not knowing how to make her feel better...

I asked if she slept okay which made her shrug again. Faith then looked off and I assumed began overthinking which made me frown as I cupped her cheeks and asked what was going on in her head. She opened her mouth as if she was gonna say something but then shut it again before rubbing her head and face. I asked if her head was hurting, which made her nod as I told her we should go have breakfast.

She nodded as I stood up and helped her out of bed. She groaned a bit assuming she got dizzy and lightheaded. I rubbed her back and kissed her head making sure she was okay. After that we headed out of her room and downstairs to the kitchen. I made her go sit by the others as I made her some coffee. I frowned a bit and sighed as I brewed her coffee and looked over to see her talking with others.

However, when I got her a cup, I walked back over to hear Scott being an asshole like always so I had to knock him down a few pegs. Faith smiled weakly as I kissed her head and handed her the coffee before taking a seat next to her. Me and the others began to talk about anything and everything, Faith mainly listened although I would look over to see she would be in her own little world.

I rubbed her back and thighs bringing her back to reality. She looked at me which made me smile softly as I brushed a strand of hair out of her face and asked if she wanted to do anything today. She thought for a moment and shook her head. I frowned a bit but nodded as I kissed her head...I knew she wouldn't have the strength nor energy to do anything and I wish there was something I could do...I gotta do something to fix those letters...I just have to...there has to be a way.

After a while, Faith had gotten up and I assumed headed back up to her room to rest, I didn't wanna pry nor push her into anything and I'm sure she was hella exhausted so I hope she would just sleep as much as possible. When she walked away, I frowned and rubbed my face a bit "trouble in paradise?" Warren asked smirking a bit, I shook my head "No, yesterday was just the worst day for her" I said,

The others frowned "Whatd'ya mean?" Ororo asked, "Well, remember when I told you yesterday she was having a bad day?" I asked, the others nodded, "Yesterday was her grandparents birthday. Faith was really close with her grandparents and she's been really torn up about them passing because she wasn't there for them, so she had these letters her grandparents had written her when she got here and yesterday she got bullied by those who've been bullying her since she's been here and they ripped those letters in pieces and now she's just been depressed ever since and I don't know what to do...I have to do something" I explained.

The others frowned "We're so sorry Peter" Jean said, I nodded "Maybe we can try and help you put the letters back together?" Ororo suggested, I smiled a bit "Thanks guys, I've been trying all day and night to figure out what to do but I have no idea what to do. They're too torn to figure out which pieces go to which, she's not gonna want a copy of them if they get rewritten so I don't know what to do but I hate seeing her so depressed" I said,