Chapter 9: It's Always You

(Faith's Pov)

I had trouble sleeping that night. Me and Peter pretty much spent that entire day together...Even still thinking about it just made all these tingly feelings come back and make me feel not only so warm but shy as well because I've never felt this way before and I'm still not exactly sure what to do about them...

I mean I have no other friends aside Peter...What do I do? I'm scared to tell him because what if he doesn't feel the same? What if things change between us? That's what I don't want...I don't want things to change. I don't want things to be awkward between us and I don't want to lose what we have because I have these damn feelings for him...

But what do I do? I have no one else to tell and I'm not going to involve Charles because that's awkward...he's like the father I never had ever since my grandparents died...I wish I could talk to them but I can't...I mean I guess I can go to their grave; they are buried next to each other and it's been a while since I've been there so why not?

I sighed and looked at the time seeing it was a little after 8am. I groaned and rubbed my face tiredly knowing I'm not going back to sleep anytime soon. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I sat up and yawned tiredly. I looked outside seeing it was pretty gloomy out...great perfect weather to match my mood. I rolled my eyes and sighed as I hopped out of bed and stretched a bit. I headed to my bathroom, turned on the light and hissed a bit due to how bright it was. I looked in the mirror to see how exhausted I looked.

My eyes widen a bit...is liking someone supposed to make me look this way? And make me lose sleep? If so then why? What's the point? That's frustrating...I just don't understand...I wish someone was alive and or loved me enough to teach me this shit but nope...I groaned and rolled my eyes as I turned on the hot water and stripped from my pj's. I hopped in the shower and let out a sigh as the hot water felt nice on my tired and aching body...Guess I'm still sore but that's to be expected.

I couldn't help but think of visiting my grandparents today. I felt this wave of grievance and shame wash over me seeing as I haven't visited their grave in such a long time...When they first passed away, I visited their grave every weekend...Now I can't even remember how long it's been since I've last seen them...I wonder if my parents go to see them too?

Suddenly my entire stomach churned as all these feelings came back to surface...The ones I thought I buried and handled, but I'm not good with handling emotions as it seems seeing as I nearly killed everyone the other day...And I know once my emotions get bad as do my abilities and when that happens...let's just say it's not good.

When I lose control of my abilities, it's a toss-up between everything growing way too high around me or everything dying in my path, there's really no in between. Although it seems as if everything grows unexpectedly around me, it shields me in this bubble-like dome as a way to protect me...I'm still unclear as to why that happens but from what I've been told by Charles it's a feeling of protection and needing it from something or someone, seeing as I never get that now aside being with Peter...

I frowned and felt his heavy feeling in my heart making me feel even more drained and exhausted. After I finished my shower, I turned off the water, hopped out and wrapped a towel around myself. I headed back to my room, dried off and hopped in clean undergarments.

I decided to wear simple blue jeans with a long white sleeve turtleneck. I dried out my hair, threw on a grey beanie and my jacket seeing as it looks cold outside. I put my phone and wallet in my pocket, slid on my black combat boots and headed out of my bedroom seeing kids coming and going to get breakfast and go to class. None of them really paid attention to me, which was good.

I didn't really bother with food or coffee seeing as I'll stop by a café on the way since it is on the way. I also felt too depressed to greet anybody at this time and as of right now, I just wanted to be left alone...to think and talk to my grandparents. Once I made it to the front door, I walked out and was greeted by the cold fresh air and gloomy, cloudy sky.