Chapter 7: Numb To The Feeling

(3rd Person View)

It's been a few days since Faith's outburst, many of the students were left bedridden for weeks due to the sheer amount of pain she put them through. Faith, however, still has yet to wake up from what happened.

Peter, though, has yet to leave her side, he knew she was going to feel guilty when she woke up so he wanted to make sure he was by her side the entire time to make her feel better. He couldn't blame her, nor could he be mad...he understood her reasons for doing what she did...

She's been holding in so much pain for far too long to the point she got it all out with anger. How else do you get rid of pain? There's 2 ways, take it out on yourself...or take it out on the world and Faith chose number 2...she wanted to get her revenge on everyone who wronged her and well...she did, but at what cost?

Peter never left her side and being a speedster comes in handy because if Peter needed anything he was only gone for a split second...but even still he felt bad leaving for that split second because he never wanted to leave her side...

Even at night no matter how uncomfortable sleeping in a chair was, he never wants to leave her side and wants to be there the moment she wakes up...all he wanted was for her to be happy and he was going to do everything he can to make her feel that.

(Faith's Pov) *A Few Days Later*

I fluttered my eyes open weakly to nothing but blurriness. I sighed and groaned as my body and head just felt so heavy that it felt impossible to move as if I was being weighed down by a thousand pound of cinderblocks. I whimpered and squinted my eyes and blinked a few times trying to let them adjust to my surroundings.

I breathed heavily and sighed as I looked around seeing white which made me confused. I tried to remember what happened and where I was but it hurt to even think. I whined and felt someone's hand in mine which made me instantly squeeze.

I could hear someone saying something, but I still couldn't hear anything but my racing heartbeat in my ears. I felt someone brush my hair out of my face which made me blink again and look to see a blurry figure but coming from his silhouette, I could tell it was Peter.

My eyes widen and face flushed as I felt my stomach churn slightly from the contact "Deep breaths Faith. Deep breaths. I'm right here" I heard Peter say clearly. I took a few deep breaths to try and calm my nerves and the panic that rose from within me. I felt Peter rub my hand and gently rub my head to help soothe me. I smiled shyly and felt more relaxed than before.

Once everything was more clearer, I looked around seeing I was in the infirmary in the school. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and tried sitting up, but everything in my body still felt so heavy and so numb that I couldn't even move. I groaned and whined in pain "Hey, hey, hey don't try and move, you're in pretty rough shape" Peter said,

I frowned and looked at him "W-what happened?" I asked hoarsely as my throat not only felt drier than a desert but felt like it was getting stabbed. I coughed and whimpered which made Peter grab a glass of water from my nightstand and gently cradle my head.

I looked at him which made him smile softly and held the glass to my lips which made me drink all the water in the glass. I sighed as the water felt so good going down my sore throat. Peter gently lied my head back on the pillow and placed the cup back on the nightstand, "better?" He asked, I nodded and sighed a bit "what happened?" I asked again,

Peter frowned, "You lost control" He said, my eyes widen "W-what I do?" I whispered unable to remember what happened. Peter sighed "Faith, it wasn't your fault" he said, my heart began to race and I began to panic and overthink about what I did...I don't remember...it hurt to think, it hurt to remember...oh god...what did I do?