Chapter 3: Coffee Date & Friend Date

I shot up in bed the next morning to the sound of my alarm going off, forgetting that I put my phone under my pillow. I grabbed my phone and turned off the alarm. I then went into my closet to find something cute to wear (I guess I should have done this last night). As I was going through my shirts, I finally found one. It was a light blue shirt, with a rose in the middle. I then ran to my dresser and got some shorts. Once I did, I went to the bathroom to get ready. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and hair, and then walked back into my room. I sat down on my bed, and put on a new pair of socks, and then my black converse. I sat back on my bed, and was waiting for a few minutes. Then I received a text message from Five:

Five: good morning! ik u said to get you at nine, but im ready. so let me know when you are
Me: im ready you can teleport over!

After I sent that text, Five came into my room. "You ready?" "Yes I am." I said happily. Five stuck his left hand out for me to grab. I hopped off my bed, and held onto his hand. Five then teleported us to Griddy's (we were standing in front of the entrance). Five opened the door, "M'lady." He said, talking in a British accent. I laughed a little, and walked in. Once Five walked in as well, he smiled at me. "Let's go sit at the counter." He said, walking ahead of me. I followed behind him and sat down on the left side of him. "Hello, you two." Agnes said to the both of us. "What can I get you?" She asked, not making it clear who she was talking to. "Black coffee, please." Five and I both said. Agnes looked at Five and then at me. She laughed a little, "Alright, I'll be back shortly." Agnes said. Five and I looked at each other.
"Glad we have the same taste." Five said, looking at the counter and then up at me. I smiled at him. "So, do you maybe want to do something else today, like maybe after coffee?" Five asked me. I couldn't believe it, was this day going to be a date? My heart started pounding. "Y-yeah, I'd love to." I said. "Okay, do you maybe wanna come over to my house?" He asked, looking at me. "Yeah." I said, nervously nodding my head. "Here are your two black coffees. Are you guys paying separately, or is one of you going to pay?" Agnes asked, looking at me and then Five. "I left my wallet, can I pay you back?" I asked. How could I have been so stupid to not bring my wallet. "No, need to pay back." Five said, taking money out of his pocket and handing it to Agnes. "Aw, you two are a cute couple." Agnes said, taking the money out of Five's hand. "Oh, n-no we're n-not dating." I stuttered. I could feel my face going red. I looked over at Five and saw him smiling down at his coffee. I took a quick sip of my coffee, and looked down at the floor on my left.
The cups she gave Five and I were small, so we finished our coffees pretty quickly. "Ready to go?" Five asked, whipping his lips with his sleeve, and hopping off of the stool. "Yes, I am." I said, stepping down from my stool. Five grabbed my right hand, and teleported us to his room. "You can sit down on my bed, and don't worry, you don't have to take off your shoes." He said, as he was looking through a drawer under his TV. I took a seat on his bed, and kicked my feet up. "Do you wanna watch Aladdin?" Five asked, holding up a DVD case. "Yeah, I love that movie." I told him. He turned around and put it in the Blu-ray. "Oh, how's your eye by the way?" He asked me, after he put the disc in. "Much better." I said, smiling for absolutely no reason. "Let me see." He said walking over towards me. I took my feet off the bed, and let them hang off the side.
Five, once again, lifted up my chin with his right hand. My heart was pounding even more. Five moved in closer (just to see my eye) and I wanted to kiss him so badly! More than ever! But, me being me, didn't. He took his hand off of my chin, and stepped back. "Yeah, it does look better." Five said, walking to sit down on the other side of his bed (on my left). Once he did, he took his remote and clicked "play" to play the movie. I was barely paying any attention. I couldn't stop thinking about how his face was so close to mine. Five and I have been doing this everyday, for the past month! Have any of us made a move? NOPE! I would want to...but then cave.
I decided to take my mind off of this, by painting a picture (not for him). Art, painting, and reading really helps me take my mind off of things. I sat down at my desk and got out a canvas. I plugged my headphones into my phone, and then started to listen to music after I put my headphones into my ears. I then started to paint. Roses are my favorite flower (specifically red roses) so I decided to paint the background black, with a red rose in the middle. After a while, I heard a knock on my door. "Sweetie!" Mother said, on the other side of my door. I took my headphone out of my left ear, "Come in!" I said, as I was pausing my music. My mother then walked into my room. "Hello, Y/n. So, I'm hosting a party tomorrow and I want you to wear this dress." She said, holding out a short sleeved, red dress. I pretended to like it, "Wow, that's really cute." I said through a fake smile. Mother smiled back, "I knew you would like it! I'm gonna leave it on your bed." She said, walking towards my bed, and setting it down.
Once she did that, she came back to my desk. "I'll be in my office." Mother said, patting me on the back, and walking out, closing the door behind her. I took my other headphone out of my right ear, got up out of my chair, and walked over to my bed. There was no way in hell I was going to wear that. I went back to my desk and grabbed my phone. I was going to text Ben to ask him if he could buy me a dress, but I would pay him back as soon as possible.