C H A P T E R | 54

Chapter 54: Asking forgiveness?

"Mae?" Kongpob then, looked at the person who was standing next to his mother, "Por?"

Kongpob tried to turn around and walk away but his mother had called him, "Kongpob."

"Daddy, do you know that lady?" Mint asked, whispering to her daddy's ears. She clearly couldn't recognized the lady, who was her grandmother.

"Kongpob, found her yet?" Arthit asked as he ran into Kongpob. "Papa!" Mint exclaimed, excitedly and ran down from Kongpob's arms to go to her papa.

"Kongpob, can we have a word with you?" His mother asked. Arthit looked up, as he heard someone had called out to Kongpob.

Kongpob, who didn't know what to respond to his mother, looked at Arthit. Arthit too, return the look to him, and motioned him, to go. "Go ahead. We will just wait at you outside."

__

"Papa, why was that kind lady was talking to daddy? And why did she called him? Does daddy knows the kind lady?" Mint asked.

Arthit then, faced his daughter and bent down to her height. "Your daddy do know them. She is daddy's Mae."  Arthit told him. "Mae? What is that?"

Mint couldn't understand the word. "Mae meaning, mama in thai."

"Then, she is daddy's mama?"

"Yes. And, she is your nana too." Arthit smiled, and patted her head. "But, Mint. You shouldn't have gone like that. You are giving me goosebumps, you know?"

"I'm sorry papa." Mint bowed her head, feeling sorry to her pregnant papa. "Just don't do it, ever again."

Mint nodded her head, and Arthit sighed. There is definitely no way that he could be angry at his own daughter.

__

"Whatever you wanted to say, just say it already. My daughter and fiancé were still waiting for me." Kongpob said, in a cold tone.

"I see. You two are already engaged." His mother said, in a sweet tone. She then, placed a bag, from the store and handed it to him. "Here is our gift for our granddaughter."

"Cut the crap, Mae." Kongpob said, as he thought that his mother was just faking everything. "What are you really here for?"

"Kongpob, we are here sincerely to ask for your forgiveness son, and start over, as a family." His father then, spoked with a tone of calm, gentle and sweet. "Are you all done?" He asked, sarcastically.

"We..." Before his mother could finish the sentence, he gradually stood up and said, "Because i am done with all your bullshits." And stormed off the restaurant immediately.

His father had been calling him, yet he never took a glance at them. Kongpob's heart was still fill with anger. An anger that he don't know when will last.

"What happened?" Arthit asked as he faced him. He was waiting outside the restaurant, watching the three talk.

Kongpob then, didn't said, anything and just hugged him. Arthit caressed Kongpob's back and said, "I know you are not comfortable meeting them. How about let's go back home and order some pizza?" He suggested.

Kongpob buried his head, to the crook of Arthit's neck and shoulders and hugged him tight. Mint, who was holding Arthit's hand, looked at her daddy.

She never saw her daddy, like this, before and what even bothered her was how her dad, hug her papa. It felt like, Kongpob needs some comfort.

"Daddy, don't be sad. Mint and papa is here." Mint said, hugging Kongpob's back. Kongpob then, let a tear escape from his left eye. What a wonderful family, that always have each other, comforting and loving each other.

"Daddy, don't be sad anymore." Mint pleaded, and Kongpob broke the hug. He turned to Mint and bend down to her height. "Daddy's not sad anymore." And hugged her.

This is always Kongpob had been longing for. A warmth of a family that he had lost, years ago.

Standing by the corner, the couple had been watching them, all along. Maybe, they were indeed wrong, judging Arthit? Well, what ever it is, they were still wrong about him.

Seeing how, Kongpob so gentle to his daughter and fiancé made them even more guilty. They were already guilty that they've called Arthit names and, not accepting Mint as a part of their family but, the quilt in their hearts became more and more deep as if they were being choked at their own guilt.

__

"Still bothered about your parents?" Arthit asked. Kongpob couldn't help it, but to nod. Arthit placed his hands on top of Kongpob's and said, "Why don't you try mend things with them?"

"No! There is definitely no way!" Kongpob exclaimed. He was still angry at his parents and think that what his parents had said to him was not true and it was just a part of their schemes to lure him back. Who knows what will they do after that, but one thing is Kongpob was really sure. His parents was planning to ruin his family or worse, something might have happened.

"But--"

"There is no way that I am going to mend things with them, P'Arthit." Said Kongpob. Arthit couldn't argue back. He himself knows what kind of personality Kongpob has. Well, to elaborate, the, sweet, caring and understanding Kongpob had changed after the separation.

Everything had changed to him. From the way he spoke, smile, laugh and personality has changed into a cold hearted person that was rude and sometimes hot headed. And, add the fact that it was really understandable why, Kongpob reacted that way.

"Kong, they were still your parents, no matter what."

"You don't understand it, Arthit. You freaking couldn't understand me at all!" Kongpob shouted at the pregnant man unintentionally. Being emotional as he is, the pregnant man, couldn't help but to tear up. "Why are you shouting?"

Kongpob was brought back to the reality, as he saw Arthit, shedding tears. He quickly hugged the man, and said, "I am sorry, P'Arthit. I didn't mean it." And planted a kiss to the pregnant man's cheek.

C H A P T E R | 54
by: anonymouslylazy