C H A P T E R | 21

Chapter 21: The guilt

Arthit stopped in the nearby park to cool down.

He is definitely fucked up. He already told him the truth and maybe, Kongpob will take his daughter away from him.

Just like always. He just sat down to the bench near and watch every people passing by him. He couldn't help, but to think. How life would be, if Kongpob was around during the times that he needed him.

He just sat down there not moving an inch from where he was seated and just stared at the ground, blankly.

His mind were empty for now. He couldn't think straight for the moment as he was trying to recall, what have happened earlier.

"Am I too harsh, earlier?" He asked himself as a tear escaped his eye.

For Arthit, it was opposite from what he wanted to happen. Because, even before, he used to imagine, if Kongpob comes to know that they have a daughter together, he would be wearing those big and sweet smile he always have. But yet, everything all came out at once and much more painful than ever.

Kongpob knew the truth in a not so un-imaginable scene. In fact, while Arthit was telling those answers to Kong. King's eyes were all filled with guilt, hurt, devastation and longing.

While, Arthit's eyes were all filled with guilt, anger and shock.

Arthit himself don't know what to do anymore. He was just like a statue, standing in the middle out of nowhere.

Subconsciously, Arthit cried silently. The people around him who passed by, just looked at him with a sad face, looking at the man who was crying silently, sitting in the bench.

Looking helplessly, they didn't even bother to go near him. They all know that this man might have gone too much but, they were just only strangers to be too nosy about his problem.

"Do you think Rome would love it?" Someone asked in a familiar jolly voice. It was the one and only Bright.

"Yeah, he would. But this necklace? I don't think if it will suit to him." The another familiar voice was heard. It was Prem.

"Welp...i hope it does." Bright said sighting.

But then, there tracks were stopped when they saw a crowd of people. As a nosy people, they went to the crowd and asked why they are all standing there.

Then, a lady in her late 50's with a dog looked at them and answered. "Look. That man have went a lot through and here he have been crying for a few minutes now. What a poor boy." The lady said, pointing at Arthit.

The two widened their eyes as they saw Arthit crying badly. Without a second thought, Bright and Prem went near to Arthit.

"Ai'Arthit. What happened?" Bright asked.

Arthit looked up to the two men who stood in front of him. He stood up and hugged Bright.

"What happened, Arthit?" Bright asked hugging his friend while Prem was rubbing his back. "He knows.....he knows everything now." Arthit whispered into Bright and Prem. The two men shared looks. They don't know who was the man Arthit was telling them about.

The trio sat to the bench and Arthit was the middle. The crowd was now vanished one by one doing their own business.

"So, any specific thing you wanted to tell us about?" Bright asked. "Who are you talking about?" Prem added.

"Kongpob...." Arthit paused, "He already knew anything now."

The two were staring at each other, questioning one another.  "He knew everything. Including Mint's existence."

"Huh?! But how?" Bright asked. "I was just talking with P'Earth then, he heard us."

__

"If you wanted to make up for him, stand by him and appreciate what he have done for the both of you."

Earth's words occupied Kongpob's mind. He was sitting at the cafe, near the window. He wanted to clear everything to his mind and wanted to digest everything he found out.

Now, all his doubts were all clear as of the moment as Earth told him the truth now. He knows now that Mint was his daughter and Arthit was the one who gave birth to her. But what hurted him was, finding out how Arthit have suffered for everything. He regretted leaving him without contacting him. He regretted not knowing the existence of his own daughter. He regretted everything.

But, he felt his heart breaking apart after hearing other people telling him the truth than Arthit himself. Maybe, it was also part of Arthit's sacrifices.

"I will try to make it up for him." He murmured as his eyes were just fixed to his table, not caring what's going around him. For now, his goal was to make it up to Arthit.

__

The sub set in the horizons of the sky, telling to everyone that it was already night. But yet, Arthit, Prem and Bright were still sitting.  They were still interviewing Arthit.

But thankfully, Arthit already calmed down after too many consoles and advices from the two. "I am just afraid that...he might take her away from me. I don't want that to happen."

"If Kongpob really love you, he would understand what you have done. He would understand why you lied and he would understand why you hid his daughter all these years." Prem adviced, rubbing Arthit's back.

"It was just too.....painful. It was too painful, Prem." Arthit said and sniffed. "It was too painful. It was like I was being chocked by my own. Lying here and there."

"Arthit, listen to me." Bright paused, "Look, if you wanted to be free then, tell them the truth."

"But, sometimes. Truth also are painful. It's better to lie than being true."

"I know, Arthit. Truth are sometimes painful. But you know what's more painful? When it is too much. Too much that everyone couldn't tell if it's the right or wrong." Prem said, looking at Arthit. "Bright is right. They deserve the truth, Arthit. It was up to them what they would choose, but the most important thing is, you won't suffer from this. Trust me, if you told to the two the truth, your burden will lessen and all of your sufferings will be put aside, replacing it with joy. Telling the truth or lie was just like choosing if you would live happily, or suffer for the rest of your life."

C H A P T E R | 21
by: anonymouslylazy