C H A P T E R | 30

Chapter 30: Unless it was him.

Arthit and his mother was just sitting next to his father's grave. They just layed the picnic mat and put the basket, containing foods and, of course the flowers that they bought was just placed above his father's grave.

Mint was running around to the large plot of the cemetery while the mother-son duo was just looking at her, happily.

"Mint, stop running, let's eat!" Arthit called out for his daughter. Mint looked at him and nodded. "Papa, Nana."

She sat in between her papa and grandmother while, the basket was in the middle. Arthit have already prepared everything. The plates were nicely prepared and, the utensils were all placed on top.

The three have packed a strawberry cake, juice, steam egg and, a Thai dessert.

"There you go." Arthit said, placing the food into Mint's plate. "Thank you, papa!"

The three joyfully ate their lunch and Mint, being the kid, she had a lot of sauce around her mouth and, Arthit wiped it off with a handkerchief.

"Hmm... You are so messy when you eat." Arthit said, wiping the rest off. "Look at this little one. So messy." Her grandmother jumped in and teased her.

"Hehe." Mint awkwardly smile and the two chuckled.

"All right, all right. Continue to eat." Arthit said and put the handkerchief down and went back to eat.

Mint also went back to eat and, surprisingly, she finished everything up which is usual as, she couldn't finnish everything up. It was 2-3 dishes and, the deserts that usually, Arthit was the one who finnish everything or, store it to the fridge.

"You must be really full by now, you finished everything." Arthit said, patting her head. She nodded her head slowly and smiled at him. "You know, your father really is, happy seeing you two here again." His mother stated.

"Mom, it was my fault, moving away from you. If only I have known that his heart has a hole, i might not have moved out and stayed."

"It was his decision to let you not know. He don't want to be burden for you." His mother said, placing her hand into his. "Your father was really proud of you, you know?"

Arthit just smiled looking at his mother, caressing his hands.

__

"Khaofang, dear. You look stunning." A women in her 50's said, praising her soon to be daughter in law.

"Thank you, aunty." She smiled. "How do I look, P'Kong?" Khaofang asked, looking at Kongpob. "Good."

"Kongpob, this is your fiance. Can't you something, other than good?" His mother requested. "I am not going and i am not interested into this marriage." Kongpob said, standing up.

"I am so sorry, Mae, Khaofang. But, i really don't want to get married with someone I don't love." He said and stormed off from the boutique.

After Kongpob came back from his studies, his parents announced the engagement between Khaofang and Kongpob. Although Kongpob don't want to, he still agreed to it because of his parents have pushed him.

Although, he agreed to get married to his junior at the university, his heart still belonged to someone else. It belongs to someone he longed for.

Add the fact that they both have a daughter together. This is one of the things that Kongpob didn't dare to say to Arthit.

Although at their first meeting, again, for years. Kongpob didn't told him and held himself back as he was already engaged and, he thought Arthit already moved on and started a family. But he was wrong, Arthit sacrificed everything for him, to the point that Arthit carried all the burden to himself. To the point that, Arthit hide everything from him so he could have the life he could have.

And that reasoned him to follow what his heart desired and decided to, stop fooling himself for forcing to love someone who he don't even liked since.

His decision was already settled and, it was to spend the rest of his life with his beloved and their daughter.

"Kongpob!" His mother shouted but was too late, he already left and was driving back to his house. Khaofang on the another hand just looked down. She knew all along that Kongpob's heart never belonged to her and it always belonged to someone else. But, she still hoped even though she knew that, this would happen. "Dear are you-"

"Aunty, please let P'Kong be happy. He deserves to be happy and, he deserved to be with someone love." She stated. "Please, excuse me."

Kongpob's mother was left stunned. She closed her eyes and, a tear escaped.

She knew that, her son don't like the idea but still pushed him and convinced him herself to agree. She knew that she is wrong, but, she don't know that she had been hurting him, too much to the point that, her supposedly daughter-in-law was the one who said that, he deserved to be happy.

Kongpob reached his house, and, opened the door. As he entered, he quickly slammed himself to the sofa with the coat was neatly placed to the stand.

He couldn't do it. He couldn't get married to someone else other than Arthit himself. "I can't love someone else, unless it was him."

__

Arthit and his family finally bid a goodbye to his father and was all seated to the car. They all closed the aircon and opened the window, and the three were enjoying the ride, with the sun setting and the car's windows open and the air that was caressing their skin.

"Chiang Mai was still the same." Arthit said, "Yeah, it is, son."

He smiled, feeling the air that was gently caressing his milky white skin and the scenery that they are viewing. It was already passed 5 and the sun is setting.

A tear then, escaped his eyes, unknowingly as he remembered how he and Kongpob used to look at the sun set, hugging each other to the rooftop of their apartment.

But, Arthit knows that those could only be counted as a good memories and maybe won't happen in the future.

A good, sweet and romantic memory that, could only stay in the past.

C H A P T E R | 30
By: anonymouslylazy