C H A P T E R | 09

Chapter 09: The meeting.

A sunlight strike to Arthit's face, causing him to woke up.

He stretched his limbs and make his bed. Before coming downstairs, he went to Mint's bedroom first and checked if his little angel was sleeping.

And, she is.

She was hugging Simba and next to her was Tutu.

Arthit smiled, looking at her being peaceful in a sleep. Before going out, he made sure that he closed the door, without any sound so that Mint would sleep longer.

He made his way through the kitchen and made bacon and eggs for the both of them.

While cooking, Mint suddenly woke up and the next thing Arthit knew, she was already in her seat.

"Awake already?" Arthit asked. "What are you doing papa?" Mint then asked him back, rubbing her eyes.

"Making your breakfast." He said and put the bacon and eggs in the table, and he came back to the kitchen to grab the plates and utensils.

He placed the plates and utensils to their spots and again, Arthit came back again to the kitchen to get Mint's milk and to make his coffee.

"Alright, here is your milk!" Arthur said and put the milk next to the plate of Mint.

"Eat up!" He said and Mint showed him a wide big smile.

"Mint, do you wanna go to mall today?" Arthit asked and Mint nodded with her eyes full of spark.

It's been quite a while since the two had they bonding time. And, thank god, they had a chance to bond.

__

"Papa, let's watch a movie!" Mint said, dragging her papa to the movie theater.

"What do you wanna watch?" He asked. "Uhhh.... I wan to watch this one!" She said and pointed out to "Encanto."

"You wanna watch that?" He asked and Mint nodded.

Arthit chuckled and said, "Fine."

They went to the counter to get some tickets and also, to buy popcorn and juice.

But before the movie could start, Arthit looked around but, he couldn't see Mint.

Arthit panicked, he don't know where mint was nor where would she gone to.

On the another hand, Mint saw a stuffed toy that was being held and being a kid, she was fascinated by it and eventually, followed the kid who was holding it.

But before she knew it, she suddenly bumped into someone and she fell.

"Hey, little girl. Are you okay?" A man, in his late 20's asked and crouched to her height.

Mint looked at the man and said, "I am okay, Mister." And smiled at him.

"Mint!" Arthit shouted when he saw his daughter. "Papa!"

He rushed to her and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I..." Mint was about to answer when, the man suddenly said, "P'Arthit."

Arthit's eyes widened in shock. 'K-kongpob'

The two men couldn't say a word but then, Mint pulled the hem of Arthit's shirt to gain his attention.

"Papa."

Kongpob on the another hand was just starting to the father-daughter duo Infront of him.

There's a lot of question filled his mind, a lot of question that only Arthit can answer.

"Wait." He said as the two were about to leave. "She....is you're daughter?"

Mint looked at her papa and then, looked at the man. "I am, Mister." She answered innocently.

But then, Mint felt there something between the two men infront of her. "Papa, do you know him?"

"H-he.....was uh, my boss. Yeah, my boss." He answered.

"How about, let's go now? The movie is about to start." He said and picked Mint up.

While, Kongpob was left, stunned to Arthit's Answer. He couldn't help but just to look to the two, who were walking away from him.

He just watched them, fading away, bit by bit into the crowd.
__

After a few minutes, Infront of the movie theater, Arthit put Mint down and crouched to her height, "Mint..."

"Papa, i am sorry.." Mint said, hanging her head, low.

Arthit sighted, "Next time, do not talk to strangers. Okay?"

"But, papa...you said he was your boss." She reasoned.

"I know, but... What if he was a bad guy and took you away from me?" He questioned her back, "But, papa. He was nice and handsome."

Arthit couldn't say a word anymore, he don't know how to reply to her, praising her other father whom she never knew.

"I....uh- let's go, the movie is starting." He said and grabbed Mint's hand to enter the theater.

__

"Hey, Kong!" Aim (M) approached Kongpob. "What are you doing in there? Let's go!" He said and dragged Kongpob.

They were here at a restaurant right now and they were sitting across each other. Kongpob was just hugging his chest while Aim was scrolling to his phone.

"Ai'Aim." Kong called out and Aim looked at him, "Hm?"

"Is, Arthit....married?" He asked. Aim looked at him, "What?"

"Is P'Arthit married?" He repeated. "Well, as far as I know, he isn't." He shrugged.

"But then....how did he had a daughter?" He asked again. This time, Aim gotten shocked.

"P'Arthit had a what?!"

"I.... Just forget it."

"Well, actually, i don't know if he is married or not because I haven't gotten any news from him since you went to Beijing." He said, "Anyway, why are you even interested about this topic?"

"Nothing,"

__

Mint ans Arthit were now wondering around the mall.

"Did you enjoy the movie?" Arthit asked. "Yes papa, you know, my favorite character there was Mirabel!" She again, showed her smile.

The two continued to walk around and stopped their tracks when they saw a ice cream stand.

"You want Ice cream?" Arthit asked and as expected, Mint nodded. They headed to the girl, standing Infront.

"What do you want, sweetheart?" He asked, "I want cookies and cream!"

Arthit chuckled, "Alright."

"Two cookies and cream, please." He said into the lady Infront of him.

__

On the way home, Mint was singing the song she learnt in the movie while Arthit was just listening to her. But suddenly, a scene of earlier popped to his mind.

The first meeting of the father and daughter.

And now, Knot's advice clicked.

The two indeed shared an unbreakable bond that even Arthit can't destroy.

C H A P T E R | 09
By: anonymouslylazy