C H A P T E R | 51

Chapter 57: Keeping the sanity

Arthit knocked at the office door of Kongpob. "Come in." A voice replied, and Arthit came in. Holding a file that was asked to him, he put it to the director's table, "The files you've asked."

Kongpob lifted his head a little and smiled. "Thank you."

Seeing Arthit again, feels like he had regained his energy that had been lost, a while ago because of the stacked file that he had been working on, for hours. "If there is nothing more, i will go now."

Kongpob nodded, silently watching the elder walking away from his office. As Arthit closed the door, Kongpob leaned back to his chair and loosen his tight a little bit.

If it wasn't work hour, he would've grabbed the elder one and make him sit at his lap. But, in reality, he needs to maintain his sanity and be professional as he is.

Arthit on another hand, felt relieved. 2 months had gone by as if it was a wind, since the trouble in the bar had happened. And, a lot of things changed a little.

The two became more intimate than ever while Mint is soon moving forward into the 1st grade. She is graduating, two weeks from this day, and of course, she is practicing. They also did visited Arthit's father's grave for atleast, Kongpob met his soon to be father-in-law.

Now, back to the reality. Kongpob received a message, from his phone and opened it. A message from someone. Kongpob that made Kongpob, smiled seeing the message. "It's perfect."

__

Arthit then, sighed. He sat to his chair, feeling tired already. It was just 11 am but because of a lot work of work, filled up with one after another.

As he was working on another report, his phone suddenly rang, he grabbed the phone from his pocket and then, looked at the caller id.

It's Ms. Tan.

He answered the call, "Hello, Ms. Tan. What is the matter?"

"Hello, Mr. Rojnapat. I just wanted to inform you that, Mint had sprained her ankle during the P.E. so, i was thinking if you could pick her up? She had been crying so badly." Ms. Tan informed.

"Yes, i will be there. Can you wait for me for awhile?" Arthit was quite panicking. "We sure will. Mint will be just in the clinic room, there is a staff who was taking care of her there."

Arthit hurriedly cut off the call and then started packing his things, "Why are you packing already?" Earth asked. "Mint had sprained her ankle. I need to get her. Could you somehow maybe do my work today?" Arthit pleaded.

Earth couldn't refuse and agreed. Mint needs him right now and Mint was Arthit's priority.

Arthit dashed out, like a flash, he needs to get Mint, soon as possible. Good thing, there is no traffic on the road, and Arthit arrived at the school. He started walking towards the clinic and there, he saw Mint sitting at one of the beds, crying.

"Mint!" He rushed forward to his daughter who was eyes were filled with tears. "Papa." She murmured and hugged Arthit. He then, stroked her back, calming her down. "Don't cry okay? Papa is here now."

"Papa...."

Arthit then picked Mint up, and grabbed her backpack that were in her side. "I am taking her home, now. Thank you for attending my daughter." Arthit said, thanking the nurse in-charge. "That was not a problem sir."

The two then bid a goodbye to the nurse and headed towards the car. He gently placed Mint into her seat. "Does it still hurt?"

Mint then replied, "Slight."

Arthit then, nodded and then gone to the driver seat and began driving to their home.

__

"Where's P'Arthit, P'Earth?" Kongpob asked Earth who he came across with, at the cafeteria.

"Oh, he just went to fetch Mint. I heard she had sprained her ankle." Earth immediately replied, and Kongpob's brows knitted. "Mint sprained her ankle?" Kongpob repeated, and Earth nodded.

Kongpob then, thanked Earth then, ran to his office to make a call.

He waited, patiently until the the other side answered. "Hello, P'Arthit."

"Oh hey, Kongpob. What's up?"

"How is Mint? I heard that she had sprained her ankle." Kongpob became anxious. "Don't worry Kong. She is now all right. But, i don't think i could get back there today because Mint still couldn't walk without help at the moment. You wouldn't mind that, right?"

"Hm. Then, tell me if you need something, okay? I will go there at your place later after work." Kongpob's worries were now finally on the side. Atleast, Arthit was there with their daughter. That's all what matters.

"Okay then. I am gonna hang the phone now. I love you."

"Hm. Love you too." Kongpob replied as he hang up the phone.

__

"Who was on the phone?" Mint asked.

She was sitting at the sofa, reading a book while resting her feet at the coffee table that Arthit had adjusted for her so she could relax.

"It was daddy. He just asked about you." Arthit then sat next to her. "Feeling better yet?"

Mint nodded her head, attentively. Arthit then patted her head. "Then next time, do not jump like that. You're making me scared, you know."

"I'm sorry." Mint then pursed her lips, lowering her head. Arthit sighed, and grabbed her chin to face him. He smiled, stroking her tanned, soft and smooth cheeks. "Next time, listen to me okay? It was not just me whom you gave goosebumps but also daddy."

"I am really sorry Papa. I won't do it again." Mint then, hugged Arthit and Arthit hugged his daughter back. "Next time, be careful."

"I will, papa. I promise." She said, releasing herself from the hug and making a pinky promise. Arthit then, entwined their pinkies together, "Then, next time do not break your promise."  Arthit assured and Mint nodded her head, "That's a promise, Papa."

C H A P T E R | 51
by: anonymouslylazy