C H A P T E R | 14

Chapter 14: The Convenience store

The next day, Arthit was discharged at the hospital and allowed to go home.

They were all at Knot's car.

It was Tew, Knot and Arthit inside the car while as Kongpob was at the company.

They just dropped Mint off to her school as it was Wednesday and, luckily Mint make it in time.

"You are lucky, Kongpob was there. Otherwise." Knot commented, looking at Arthit in the rear view mirror.

"It's not a luck, Knot. It was just coincidence."

"Still, if it weren't for him you might been laying at the ground for hours." Knot retorted.

Arthit became silent.

"He still cared for you."

__

Kongpob was sitting at his office chair leaning his back.

He couldn't focus on his work and thought of the father and daughter. But then, in a sudden change of thought, he came across to Mint's answer.

"I never met her, yet. But, papa said, i could meet her when I grow up."

This puzzled Kongpob. He believes that a kid would never lie but then, if she haven't met her mother then.... Arthit might not be married yet.

Subconsciously, Kongpob smiled happily. Atleast, all these years, he could still see a little hope from Arthit.

And if it was proven that Arthit wasn't married yet, then he will try to win him back, even if he had a child. He would still accept him and his daughter and love her as she was his own.

__

It was a noon time and the couple went back to their house and spend the rest of the day together. While as Arthit stayed at home and did the chores around the house, waiting for Mint.

When he saw the clock strikes at 5 pm. He knew, Mint was already waiting for him to pick her up.

He just wore a simple shirt and pants since, he just came out from the hospital. He grabbed his wallet and keys at the coffee table and was on his was to pick Mint up.

He just listened to the radio while on the way to Mint's school.

"And next is .... Kon Jai by J Jeratin." The announcer said, and the song slowly played.

While the song was being played. Arthit couldn't help but to feel sad.

It is one of the songs played by Kongpob during the freshy night where Kongpob was crowned as the university moon and the popular award.

Arthit was in deep thoughts not noticing that he already arrived at the school. Arthit sighted before he get out.

He walked inside the school and was greeted by the teachers on his way. After he reached Mint's room, he put a wide and sweet smile.

"Mint!" He called out. Mint who was drawing in the paper, lift her head. "Oh, Mint's papa. You are here already." Ms. Tan said and gave Arthit a smile.

Arthit smiled back and looked back to his daughter while Mint grabbed her bag and run to Arthit.

"Papa!" She exclaimed and hugged Arthit.

Arthit picked her up and then, wave a goodbye to the teacher.

Walking to the car, Arthit put Mint down and started to open the car door.

He first, put Mint inside and buckled her seatbelt and then, he did the same to himself.

"Papa." Mint called out.

"Mhm?" Arthit hummed in response. "I thought, you don't know who Kong is."

Arthit was stunned. "What are you saying?" He asked Mint back, and Mint replied with, "But papa, that Mister beside you was named Kong."

"Well...he..." Arthit looked at his daughter and smiled, "Want to grab ice cream?" Arthit changed the topic.

Mint being a kid, eventually nodded. She was easy to get distracted by things, and that was helpful for him as he, don't want the topic to continue furthermore.

They both stopped at the convenience store to grab an ice cream.

Arthit was holding Mint's hand and walked in together.

They were greeted by the staff and they just gave the lady a smile.

Arthit and Mint was selected what flavour they want. Cookies and Cream was their choice of flavour.

After that, they also, wondered around and Arthit spotted a chip to the upper rack.

He tried to reach it but his height wasn't enough and, his movement was stopped when, another person grabbed it for him and gave it to Arthit.

Arthit turned around and saw, Kongpob.

"Kong-" Arthit was surprised, "Mister, you are here also?" Mint asked.

Kongpob looked at Mint and nodded. He then, turned to Arthit. "What are you doing here?" Arthit asked. "Just wandering around. How about you two?"

"We are just here to get ice cream!" Mint was the one answered.

He then, went to Mint and picked her up.

He then looked at Arthit and smiled. Arthit feels like a deja Vu.

Arthit felt like, he was looking at the old Kongpob. The old Kongpob who he loved the most.

"We...are gonna go now." Arthit said, and snatched Mint from Kong.

Kongpob didn't protest, and gave Mint to her papa.

Arthit was about to go further when, Kongpob called him out. He turned himself and Kongpob asked, "How are you doing?"

Arthit then, replied with, "I am good now. Thank you for your help." And walked further.

Kongpob who was left, smiled like an idiot.

Arthit just payed for the things in their hands and, got out from the store.

On the way home, Arthit's eyes were just fixed on the road and Mint was just singing.

"We don't talk about Bruno.....we don't talk about Bruno....!" She was singing the Encanto's theme song and Arthit was just listening.

After a few minutes, the father and daughter reached home. Arthit grabbed the bag containing the foods they bought earlier and run to the front door as Mint was waiting for him to unlock it.

He unlocked it with his keys and the two, sat first to the ground to remove their shoes.

But then, Arthit froze when, Mint suddenly asked, "Papa, why do i look like Mister?"

C H A P T E R| 14
By: anonymouslylazy.

A/N: Happy 1k reads. Thank you very much to the people who read this story of mine. That's all. Love lots!