C H A P T E R | 46

Chapter 46: The Talk

Arthit dropped Mint to school, and he was now on his way to go to work.

Well, you could sense that Arthit was quite blushing a little.

Finally after a while of driving, Arthit was finally entering the company. Earth, Maprang and Prae greeted him, with a cheerful look.

They dragged Arthit to his seat and circled him up. "Tell me, what happened after the event?" Maprang excitedly exclaimed.

Although she and Prae were not there because of their busy schedules, they still found a way to know what happened during the event. And that way was by Earth, telling them what had happened.

"What?" Arthit still couldn't understand anything, "Oh, come on, Phi. P'Earth already told us. Now, what had happened after the party?" Prae then questioned.

"Well..." Arthit looked at the three girls, circling him. "Kongpob spend the night.." He said, in a small tone of voice, feeling embarassed.

"Did you two, did something?" Earth said, with a teasing smiled. Arthit's eyes widened, "No!" He exclaimed. "Why are you so defensive, Phi?" Prae teased.

"So, something might really happened?" Maprang said and gave the elder a teasing look. "Hey, nothing happened. He just spend the night there because he was talking to mom." Arthit said, defensively.

Although Arthit really didn't know what was the conversation was about, but he was sure that it was really a important topic to talk.

__

Kongpob on the another hand, was in just in his office, like always. He was thinking of him and Mrs. Rojnapat's conversation.

[Flash Back]

"Kongpob, that was your name, am i right?" Mrs. Rojnapat asked, wanting to sure that her information was real. "Yes, i am."

Mrs. Rojnapat smiled, and said, "I am really grateful that you came, dear. Meeting you was a great pleasure. You know, Arthit had talked alot of good things about you."

Kongpob smiled, and then, she continued, "You know, Arthit really loves you, son. I could see it from his eyes."

Kongpob chuckled, "I indeed feel the same."

"I know that. The way you look at him, really could tell that you really love Arthit very dearly." She paused and again, started, "I have witnessed everything. How he struggled to raise your daughter, how he had love you, how he had sacrificed everything and how i could see how happy he was. And that happiness came from the both of you." Kongpob nodded, understanding what the old lady was pointing out.

She then, grabbed his hands and tapped Kongpob's hands, gently saying; "Arthit only have me, you and Mint to this life, as his family. His father was all gone now. And i don't want to see my boy, being hurt, again so, that's why, i wanted to be sure that you will love him, unconditionally." She then paused for a little bit, "I am hoping that you could give it to them. The care and love they deserve."

"I will, Aunty. Even if you don't ask me, i will definitely try my best to gave them everything in life. Making them feel as if he was the most important person, in this world. I will try my best to take care of the both of them, until my last breath. I promise that." Kongpob said, sincerely. The old lady, smiled.

She was happy, that the man, Infront of her, loves her son and granddaughter, sincerely. She was right, that this man was the right person for her son. "Then, from today, onwards, i entrust Arthit and Mint to you."

[Flashback Ends]

Although, the conversation was just like a simple one, it was still holding a deep meaning. It wasn't easy for a mother to see her child in such a state and wanted her child to be happy to the rest of their life.

Kongpob fully understood the conversation he had with her, and was happy that, she was entrusting Mint and Arthit to him.

__

"Really that's it?" Maprang said, feeling disappointed. Arthit finished the whole story and it left the three with quite not satisfied look. They were really hoping something else happened.

"How can we do "it" when my mom was at Mint's room and Mint was in my room, with us." Arthit reasoned. The three just gave him a sigh and came back to their tables, finishing their unfinished works.

Arthit on the another hand, felt like he was laughing as the three didn't got the hot news they've wanting to hear.

And, after that, Arthit began his work, as usual. With a lot of paperwork and calling one after another client.

And after a long time, Arthit just found himself, being dragged by his co-workers to the cafeteria for something to eat and discuss. Jeed and Duen joined them and they were really having a good time, talking to each other.

And, when the break was over, the co-workers were all back to their seats, and finishing every tasked that was assigned with them.

Everyone was quite busy today, as tomorrow was a holiday and had no work to do. So, it was understandable that everyone was rushing every work they have today.

"Hey, Arthit do you have a spare pen i could borrow? Mine was out of ink." Earth pleaded and Arthit handed her a spare pen.

"Thank you." She whispered, not wanting to disturb him even further. "You are welcome, Phi." He said, and his eyes were all fixed to the screen again.

It would be 2 long hours more, before they would be out from work. And since Arthit was yawning, he decided to get a coffee to wake his spirit up.

Just like the usual, he walked into the pantry, and was making a coffee for himself. It was just only him in the pantry so, he was shocked when a pair of arms wrapped around him.

"I missed you." The man whispered. "Kong, we are at work." He whispered back.

Good thing, the pantry didn't have any windows. If not, the workers might see them. And for Arthit it was quite embarrassing.

Kongpob didn't listen to him, and just rested his chin to the elder man's shoulder. Which, made the elder man chuckle and said like a whisper with a pink tint at his cheeks, "I missed you, too."

C H A P T E R | 46
by: anonymouslylazy