Chapter 2 And she said...

Start from the beginning

{Hazel's dress}

{Hazel's dress}

Getting my thoughts proper, I cursed myself "Idiota, fai bene i tuoi pensieri". I walked towards her and took and hands and kissed her knuckles softly and said "Benvenuto mio amore".

{idiota, fai bene i tuoi pensieri = idiot, get your thoughts right}

She giggled and said "You know that right I don't understand Italian, yet you talk in Italian and waste your energy to translate it back to me." I sighed and started "I know mio amore, but what can I do when I was born and brought up in Italy for nearly 10 years and also it being my first language it becomes difficult to express my words to you and you do know that Italian is the language of love dolcemente. By the way I just stated welcome my love."

{mio amore= my love

dolcemente= sweety}

She once again laughed softly at my words and questioned me "Vince you have been living in New York for the past 18 years and yet you can not leave one day without speaking Italian?"

I just rolled my eyes at her and said "Love today let's not talk about that. I have planned a special surprise for you come let's go". She nodded her head softly and held my hand. We both walked towards the table with roses and 2 champagne glasses and an ice tray with a champagne bottle in it.

I pulled out a chair for her, which she accepted gladly. We both sat opposite each other. I poured both of us some champagne and offered her a glass. Due to my nervousness, I gulped the entire thing in one go. Sensing something is wrong Hazel asked me what it is.

Thinking it was now or never I got up from my chair and walked towards her, took her hand in mine, and waited for her to stand up. I walked her to the edge of the porch and looked into her deep Hazel eyes, which looks like honey, full of sweet memories in which I can drown myself and stared to pour out my heart to her and just hope she actually accepts my proposal.

"Mio amore, we have been together for nearly 4 years now, you have made me feel complete, alive. And have shown me the true meaning of happiness. I am a better person with you by my side. I love what I know of you, and trust what I do not yet know about you. Mio Dolcemente I cannot wait to grow old together with you, get to know the woman you will become, and fall in love a little more every day. Today I give you my heart, hand and my love to you. That's why today, I want to ask you out, to officially marry me and be mine forever tesoro. I want you to be referred to as Mrs. Hazel Lorenzo in the near future. I took out the ring from my pocket and slid it to her ring finger.

When I lifted my head I could see tears in her eyes and I was tensed as hell and quickly blurted out "My love it's fine if you don't want to marry me so early, I can still wait for you, but please don't" before I could even finish my sentence she took hold of my neck and looked into my eyes with her hazel colored eyes, which were moist and closed the gap between us and placed a kiss softly on my lips. I was just shocked and was rooted to the place without moving. The kiss was too soft and delicate. Sensing that I did not kiss her back, she broke the kiss and stared into my eyes and said "My love, yes I want to marry you and grow old with you and love you till the last breath of my life, and yes I wanna marry you and have kids with and name them after your family name Lorenzo. I want to change my name from Hazel Ashford to Hazel Lorenzo. I want to completely be yours forever my love".