Part 2 Chapter 17: Reunion part 2

"The Wolf God?"

"Yes."

"Now?"

"It's going to be okay."

"No. It won't. He won't stop them. Or he might not stop with just them," Deliah said with a shutter. she snatched her hands away from granny. And shook her head wildly. "No, no, no."

"Listen. You are the only one who can make him. I just wish there was more time..." Granny said. 

"Please. surely there is another way..."

"He is part of the balance. I took it away. Everyone paid the price..."

"And everyone will pay again. There will be so much blood."

"Deliah, listen...I need you to accept one more gift," Granny said gripping Deliah's shoulders tightly. Somewhere off in the distance an angry cacaphony of howls errupted. "Accept it and I swear on my own grave that Wolf God will not repeat history."

"I...I...I..."

"Time is running out," Granny said hastily her eyes taking on a wild and nervous gleam. Deliah felt like she was seven and frantic all over again. Nothing felt right and everthing felt like the wrong option. Deliah had a really bad feeling about Granny's gift. But she needed a way to make everything fine. She would give her own life to make everything right. And to get her brother back she would...have gladly died.

" I accept," Deliah said in a voice that sounded too calm to be her own. Granny snatched her hand and magic danced around them. It was still as beautiful as the first time she had witnessed the witch's magic. Not only beautiful but calming.  Granny's hand was warmer and lighter than normal. Before she could think about it any more the old woman spoke in a voice that sounded like many all at once. Her voice was ancient and primal. It was a voice that had known Eons of life.

"Deliah the Saint of wolves I bestow upon you the title of Forest Witch. I grant you my magic, wisdom and prowess. As of this day you will bow to no one. You are the Wolf God's equal in title and responsibility," Granny finished and Deliah gasped as the old woman was fading away as the howling continued. growing so close. Too close. "Go to him child and remember your power."  Those were the last word the great forest witch uttered. Then she dissolved into the magnificent power that gently thrummed through Deliah's veins.

She felt a different kind of calm rush over her. Her feet remained firm to the ground and steady as she put her hand to the crystal. The howling of the wolves seemed so trivial instead of scary. Something she could deal with later. Right now, she had something much more importnant to do.

"Come back," Deliah ordered to the crystal. It fractured into tiny pieces and crumpled away like ash in a dead fire. Left in its wake was the Wolf God. He stood with his head bowed. Long raven hair hiding his face. 

Deliah took a few steps forwards and touched her hand to his cheek. His skin was cold as a first snow and his thick lashes stirred but didn't open. Then a funny thought popped into her head. Should she kiss him? It was such a girlish thought that Deliah nearly leapt out of her own skin. How long had it been since she dared to think of those girly things? She inched closer to his face so that their noses were only inches away from each other. He had nice lips and a light dusting of freckles. Before she could make up her mind the wolf god's eyes snapped opened.

The wolf god's eyes were so dark that they seemed endless. His lips twitched into a smirk and before Deliah could even say anything they crashed against hers. Deliah gasped and that seemed to only deepen the kiss. She felt warmth spread throughout her body. Deliah gently ran her hands through his hair feathery hair. This only made him growl and pull her closer.