Chapter 9: Meeting

Care to explain the shift Cursed Alpha?  Asked the Black wolf with a snarl. He was standing a little to close to Papa. Mama had her hackles raised in warning. The wolf spoke through the air though his mouth didn't move. Deliah shivered his voice held a note of curtness that made Deliah tense even further. He felt so agitated and cagey. Why?

I don't know what you mean Alpha Twelve. Papa spoke in the same way the other Alpha had. His voice mildly amused. Though he let out a low snarl. He was not in the mood. 

We know somethings changed and that your cursed pack is to blame. Spoke the chestnut-colored wolf. Her voice was menacing, and she snarled.

We didn't do anything, but yes something has changed Alpha Six--

I knew it! What did your pathetic excuse of a pack do now? We should have finished what the Wolf god started! She all but roared. It was enough to make Deliah retreat down the root and closer to her siblings. They huddled together. Winnie and Colton's ears were flat against their heads and Deliah covered her ears with her hands.

Shut your trap Alpha Six! Snarled the gnarled and tougher looking wolf. His one good eye flashed a menacing yellow and Alpha Six ceased her roaring and bowed her head. It seemed like she held him in high regard to back down like that. Please explain what you know and we'll leave. Alpha Seven explained tersely.

You'll leave? Like how Alpha Twleve's members just left? Papa snarled and snapped his teeth. I can't trust him. Why should I trust any of you? Only cowards come in groups!

Hmmm. Then care to explain why all of your pack is gathered Alpha Thirteen? Asked Alpha Seven with a hint of amusement. 

Because you entered our territory! Ancient law gives me the right to do so. Or have you forgotten that? Papa growled. Alpha Seven cocked his head and blinked his eye a couple of times.

You still follow the old ways, Cursed Alpha. We outlawed such archaic laws a long time ago, said Six balking at Papa's declaration of the law.

Funny. I don't ever remember agreeing to the new laws. Nor was I ever asked for input.

Too be fair we thought your pack had finally gone extinct. You can imagine my surprise when my scouts found not only you... but your two cubs and... a human child. Cursed Alpha.

Your members entered our territory, wounded my mate and went for all three of my cubs. That is a death sentence according to the old laws. Or did they forget that one Alpha Twelve?

They didn't know your cursed Offspring and bitch were there. If you didn't want them to go after your cubs then you shouldn't have kept the human girl--

SHE is my CUB! YOUR MEN ATTACKED OUR HOME! I should have bit their heads off, Snarled Mama wolf. Her hackled were raised and her ears were flat against her head. Some of the other wolve from her pack growled in approval.

You DARE SPEAK to an Alpha like that you bi--

Papa wolf let out an ear splitting growl that chilled Deliah to her core. She had only heard it once when member from Twelve attacked. He was getting angry.

She is my mate and a Luna you will show respect if you wish to live!

Careful Cursed one. Your on thin ice. I'd be careful if I were you! Taunted Alpha six. She snapped her jaw reavealing leathal looking canines.

Alpha thirteen we believe the girl is the cause of the shift. Not your pack. If you can't bring yourselves to... get rid of her...

Papa let out another ear splitting howl and his ears were flat against his head.

Shut up! She is a member of our pack and my CUB. If you want to live then, leave or else I will show you what a feral, cursed Alpha can do!

Deliah felt her stomach plummet and she stood frozen in place with bated breath. So did her siblings though they were still tense and ready. cageyness tension in the air only grew and it seemed that everyone was waiting. All the wolves of Thirteen growled and snapped their jaws. The other Alphas were alert and had their ears flattened.

Please Cursed Thirteen!  Be reasonable. A human can't be a part of wolf pack. That hasn't happened since... Well I don't think its ever happened, mused Alpha Seven. His ears relaxed slightly. 

All the more reason to get rid of it! That was part of the reason why we sought refuge in this forest centuries ago. Or do you only remember the Old laws?  Scoffed Six. 

She has a fraternal bond with her siblings. She is more wolf then human now, Mama remarked with pride. Deliah couldn't help but stand slightly taller. Winnie and Colton quietly yipped their approval. 

Impossible! Humans can't do that, growled Alpha Twelve.