"Only for the length of the trial?" The judge asked, taking the proffered paper.

"Permanently sir, he apparently has harassed her several times in the past." Dalton picked up the file from his table, bringing it up. "I have here the report from the New York Police Department on trespassing charges filed against Mr. Reichster for intruding in Miss Dalian's residence. You will note that he did pay the fine, so he did admit to it."

Judge Withers leaned over to me. "Miss Dalian, I want it in your own words why this injunction should be issued."

"Mr. Reichster is a good friend of Mr. Perry and as we were recessed, he threatened me if I should see his friend sentenced for what he did. He has harassed me in my home and in public multiple times, despite my, and my fiancé's, request that he leave me alone. Your Honor, I simply want to be able to leave my house without him breathing down my neck." I felt it all rush out of me, a desperate plea. The Links had said they were going to try something, but I had just thought it was to get him thrown out for today. But to never have him bothering me again, to know that he could go to prison for breaking it, oh it was a wonderful dream.

But still, it was a dream. There was plenty standing between the idea and the reality of it, which mean I was on tenterhooks as the judge looked out into the gallery. "Mr. Reichster, please approach the bar."

The crowd shuffled in their seats as he rose and walked up. "Your Honor, I can assure you that I have only offered my sympathies to Miss Dalian for what she went through."

"He's lying." I muttered on the stand. "He always lies."

I didn't expect the judge to look down at me. "You have a point, Miss Dalian. Please bailiff, swear him in." The judge waited until after the oath had been administered to speak again. "Miss Dalian says you are lying, sir, and we have the report about your trespass last year. I must admit that does not make you appear to be as you claim."

Henry snorted. "She's obviously hysterical Your Honor, and I suggest that she be committed for her own safety." I saw him smirk as Will attempted to surge to his feet, only to be held down by Oscar and Mother. Henry spread his hands as he continued. "She maligned not only myself but my son for merely offering her comfort after the tragedy that befell her last year. What woman in her right mind refuses the mere sympathies of her late father's friend?"

Dalton stood. "Your honor, the man is standing behind the defense, currently being prosecuted for attempting to kidnap my client! This is a clear attempt to tamper with my witness and prevent her from ensuring his conviction!"

The judge held up his hand, silencing the room. "Seeing the evidence of his previous behavior, as well as the reactions of those present, I shall grant the injunction. Mr. Reichster shall remove himself from the gallery, and in the future shall not engage in any contact whatsoever with Miss Dalian. This shall carry over into her marriage, so do not think it will become invalid once she is Mrs. Murdoch."

I couldn't help the wide smile on my face as Henry's own grin fell. "Your Honor, please, I can assure you that she is lying."

"You say she's lying and she's hysterical, and yet she was calmly answering questions until you came forward." Judge Withers raised an eyebrow. "I would suggest you remove yourself from my court before I have you removed." I watched as he stiffly drew himself up, a look of studied composure coming over his face as he stiffly turned and strode from the courtroom. The judge didn't even bother trying to rein in the conversation that erupted among the reporters, simply letting it die out on its own. I couldn't help but smile at Will, his fingers buried in Rigel's hair and his face looking far more relaxed than it had for weeks. Even his shoulders had relaxed, his hands ruffling Rigel's ears. After a long moment, the judge gaveled the court back in. "Please continue with your questioning, Mr. Link."