🧡Klee x Kalim🧡

Start from the beginning

That didn't really look like a fun surprise, to be honest.

Wait. Could these grown-ups be... bad guys?

Turning around, the grown-ups headed for the door, only to find their path blocked by a tiny figure. All of them jumped at the sight.

"Hi! I'm Klee. Are you bad guys?"

"What's with this kid? Is she one of Asim's bodyguards, or..." The grown-up looked questioningly at his friends.

"Kid or not, we can't leave any witnesses. We'll have to take her too." With an outstretched hand, another grown-up reached for Klee, who darted swiftly out of the way.

Someone shouted, "Catch her!"

But Klee was super good at playing tag. She'd never lose to a bunch of weird grown-ups! So she ran down the hallway, fast as she could. "Da-da-da!" As she passed by a doorway, a rectangular shape flew out—a flying rug!

Eyes gleaming with delight, Klee exclaimed, "The magic carpet!"

As if in response, the carpet did a little flip. "Agent Carpet," Klee told it sternly, "this is no time for games. We have to go rescue Kalim! Evil bad guys are kidnapping him."

The carpet saluted her and hovered lower to let Klee climb on. "Up, up, and away!" Klee cried, just as the grown-ups skidded to a halt on the ground below them and looked up in dismay. She made a face at them. Heehee! It feels good to be a secret agent.

A lady grown-up called at Klee, "Get down here, kid. We won't hurt you!"

In response, the carpet lowered Klee down until she was floating right above the grown-ups' heads, yet slightly out of reach. Klee tapped each grown-up on the head as she flew over each one. "Tag! Tag! Tag! I win the game! Now give Kalim back!"

"Very funny, kid." The lady grown-up rubbed the top of her head. "We were paid a lot for this job, you know? We're not just gonna give up."

"Okay! Let's play hide-and-seek this time, then! I'll hide and you seek." Without another word, Klee leaped down from the carpet and took off running. "Catch me if you can!" While the grown-ups reeled in shock, the magic carpet swooped down, wrapped itself around the sack containing Kalim, and followed Klee.

There weren't really that many places to hide in Scarabia, so Klee and Agent Carpet ended up escaping into the treasure room where the carpet had flown out from. The first thing Klee saw were piles and piles of coins! Lots of shiny jewels, too. Perfect hiding places.

Klee dove into a large treasure chest and, after the carpet flew in after her, closed the lid. Inside, she tugged and tugged at the rope tied around the sack until it came loose. Out popped a very disheveled Kalim.

He spat out the cloth in his mouth. "W-where am I...?"

Holding a finger to her lips, Klee shushed him. She peered out from the keyhole of the treasure chest and saw that the bad guys had entered the treasure room. They walked closer and closer to the treasure chest. One of them, that mean ol' lady from before, reached out and opened the lid...

And got a fistful of metal coins and sharp-edged jewels in her face. While the lady spluttered and rubbed at her stinging eyes, Klee and Kalim jumped onto the carpet. They flew high into the air and landed on top of a pile of coins even taller than Mr. Weird Grown-Up. Maybe even taller than Mr. Spiky Horns!

Then, having attained the high ground, Klee and Kalim started throwing whatever treasure they could reach. Even Agent Carpet helped by scooping up coins and then raining them down on top of the bad guys' heads. "Boom! Bam! KABLOOM!" Klee pretended that each jewel she threw was a bomb.

After a few rounds of being assaulted by extremely expensive artillery, the bad guys pulled out their weapons: wickedly curved knives and steel daggers. Unfortunately for them, knives and daggers could do nothing against hundreds of pounds of gold.

A few of the more foolish bad guys tried to climb up the mountain of coins, but ended up slipping and sliding back down. Klee and Kalim giggled at their efforts.

"You might have steel," Kalim declared, "but we've got gold!" And he threw down a set of golden tableware, complete with knives, forks, and sugar bowls.

About thirty minutes later, all the bad guys ended up buried up to their necks in piles of gold and pearls. Only then did Klee, Kalim, and Agent Carpet descend to confront their helpless foes.

"Thanks for playing with me!" Klee beamed and rummaged around in her backpack. "Before you go, I have a gift for you. I made it specially for you!" She placed a Jumpy Dumpty in front of each one of the bad guys. They were her newest design, made from an extra-special formula! The grown-ups were sure to love it.

The Next Day

Breaking News: Entire Criminal Gang Wiped Out By Major Explosion in Scarabia Treasure Room. Source Still Unknown. Expert Analysis Pending.

Live Interview: What do Scarabia's representatives have to say about this incident?

Kalim al-Asim, dorm leader of Scarabia: "I have no idea what happened! Maybe gold explodes over time?" 

Jamil Viper, vice dorm leader of Scarabia: "I need more coffee."

Blossom: Dear lovely reader, I'm sure you're thinking, "What did I just read?" Sorry about that. Have a diamond 💎 for your patience. Oh, and don't forget to vote!