everyone 2.0

sage's pov

I'd just left. I couldn't bare sitting with a happy face the whole time, because I wasn't happy. My mind was racing with thoughts of Freddie. Did he ever tell me if he were to run away, it would be to a specific spot? I don't know. I didn't pay attention close enough.

I was actually stood in his shed, expecting him to pop up at some point. I smile at the picture of JJ, Cook, and Freddie all dressed as pirates. "You look like dicks." I mumbled, sniffing a little.

The sheds door swung open, causing me to turn. I look back and find Cook, half naked, with no shoes on. I raise my brow at him, smiling a little. I tighten Freddie's cardigan around my waist, turning towards him as he watched me carefully. "You fuck everything up again?" I retort.

Cook nodded, thinking about it. "Yeah." was all he said.

"Did you know it was his birthday today?" I bit my lip, frowning. "I planned to go to a movie... see that new Harry Styles film coming out."

"Yeah, I knew." He nodded. "Don't think he would've enjoyed that, though." Cook walked around the chair that sat in the middle of the shed. He picked up Freddie's t-shirt, and I just watched over him. I choose to sit down in the seat. "Do you think he'd mind?"

"Yeah, just return it." I smile a little. "I think he got scared." I confess. "I think he was genuinely scared after the whole hospital incident. I imagine I was pretty scary." I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at the stacked up skateboards.

"Yep." Cook popped the p.

"But I can't not know. I need to know where he is, how he's doing, if he couldn't bear it." I shrugged, "I can handle it. I think I can handle it." I look up to Cook, who took my words into consideration before pulling out a school book from his back pocket. He pushed it forward, indicating for me to take it.

I slowly raise my hand, taking it from his. Cook held his hand over his face, waiting for my reaction as I opened the pages.

"I love her." I mumble, looking over his repeated handwriting. I frown, feeling tears burning in my eyes. My eyebrows furrowed as I bit down on my lip to avoid whimpering.

"We'll go and find him. Alright?" Cook smiled, placing his hand on my knee. I look up to him, which made him freeze like a statue.

"What if somethings wrong?" I question. "Promise me he'll be okay, Cook." I pleaded, and Cook just nodded.

"I promise."

Both of our eyes flew to the door, and my hopes were shattered as JJ entered the shed. I held the school book to my chest as JJ began. "Ah. My powers of deductive reasoning are unparalleled." JJ smiled as Cook leaned back against the couch. We just stare at him as he rambled. "They're actually hunting you with dogs. Impressive."

A smile appeared on Cook's lips, lifting his hands above his head.

"Anyway, we weren't sure if the coast was clear." JJ began, causing both Cook and I to raise a brow.

"Wha... What do you mean, 'we'?" Cook questions quickly.

"Yeah, and it's a bit chilly hiding out there in the garden." JJ points back to the door. He opened it again, "The sea eagles are roosting." He whispered, causing me to chuckle a little.

Pandora came in with Effy, and a smile appeared on my lips. "Hello, Sage." Pandora spoke awkwardly. Effy walked on ahead, sitting on the arm of the chair at my other side. "I've been trying to tell you girls something." Pandora began.

"Spit it out, Panda-pops." Effy smiled.

"I'm going away." Pandora smiled.

"Okay..." I nodded. "Where?"