video diary 1.0

third person pov

"I don't know where I am. I don't know who's room I'm in. I don't know who's computer this is." She was tired, mascara and eyeshadow dragged down her face as if she'd been crying. "It's somewhere. Yeah, somewhere."

She was so effortlessly beautiful in these moments, yet she'd have no idea. "Still, it's better than dossing in some car. Need a lot of vodka and weed to get to sleep." She informed the camera as if it was someone. "A lot. And that makes you cold, so you switch on the engine, and..." She bit down on her lips. "Ran out of fucking fuel, didn't we?" She laughs.

"Fuck it, as an old friend would say." She began lighting a cigarette. "Anyway," She exhaled, "I was doing this to let you know I'm OK, but then I'm thinking you probably won't find it too reassuring." She spoke blankly. "And once more, you always needed Dad to show you how to get your emails, so you'll probably never get this..." She went silent.

"There was a lot you could've payed more attention to, Mum." She shook her head as her eyebrows furrowed. "Stuff was happening. Every kind of fucking stuff and..." She was getting worked up, "You didn't warn me!"

She licked her lips, they were dry. "I love someone, Mum." She confessed, but who? "So I had to run. Don't you see? Otherwise truth, boom."

"This ways easier." She shook her hair. "I don't think I could bare stuffing everything up the way you have." She was quick to finish the video, and send it off to the woman she called Mum.

-

this is just a bonus chapter. it's basically just effy's video diaries.

it will have two more