cook 1.0

sage's pov

I hadn't heard from Cook since the party, but I heard from Freddie that he had recently got out. I don't know where he was staying, and I didn't know if I cared much. Of course, I cared about Cook. Do not get me wrong... But, what he did was terrible.

I was pulling some of my belongings out of my locker. I quickly lock it and make my way back to the common room. I waved to Pandora and Effy who were sat beside one another. Effy looked as if she was trying to comfort the blonde who was still upset over Thomas.

I plopped down next to Freddie, and he gives me a confused look. "What are you doing?" He questions curiously. It had been the first time I was back in college since the incident. I'd found out in that time that my older brother had recently moved out. Lucky bugger.

"Can't I sit next to my best man?" I question as I fiddle with my diary. "It's quieter over here." I admit when Freddie gave me an unconvinced stare.

"Yeah." He hums as he observes me. "What have you been writing down?" He asks, trying to peer into my diary.

"Ah!" I warn with a pointed finger. He began tickling me to find out and I fought him off with all I could.

"Well, howdy-fucking-doody." Cook's voice was heard, and I shot up in my seat as Freddie stopped tickling me. I sat there in shock.

"Hi." Freddie waved.

"Hi." He exclaimed with a wave. "I just swung by, really, to see how deep everyone's rolling." He was clearly trying to avoid my gaze as he walked over to where everyone else was sat. "See who's up for a pint and a poke? JJ? Panda?"

"No, thanks." JJ also avoided Cook's gaze. He had terrible bruising since the party, and it was still there. Poor JJ. Doesn't deserve friends like he has.

"No? Why?" Cook asked as he was oblivious to the curly headed boys injuries.

"Just don't want to." JJ's eyes wandered into Cook's. Freddie and I stare between the two of them communicating. I don't think Cook actually knew what he had done.

"Naomi, what about you?" He turns to look at the unhappy couple in the room... Sorry, one of the unhappy couples.. "Bring your lady, we'll make it a threesome." Naomi shook her head as Emily kept her eyes glued to her papers. "What's up with you two?"

"Black guy?" Cook looked down at a boy I didn't know. He also shook his head. Freddie began to get up, and nodded for me to come along. "Anyone?" Cook scanned the room.

"Aren't you scared, Cookie?" Pandora asked with a frightened face.

"Of what?"

"Of going to the blimmin' chokey!" Pandora's eyes were full of worry for Cook. He just shook his head as if he wasn't bothered.

"We'll come." Freddie spoke up as we approached Cook.

"Nah, you're alright. Uh..." Cook barely even looked at us. I frown, and Freddie looks down at me as if he saw it coming.

"What happened to you?" Cook asked JJ.

"You don't remember?" I asked Cook, and he shook his head without looking at me.

"No, remember what?" Cook looked annoyed.  "Who fucked you?" JJ looked around, but only gave him an awkward smile. If things couldn't get anymore awkward, that dreadful Professor Blood walked in. Harvey was behind him, but he stayed back at the door.

I smiled at him, giving him a little wave. He nodded towards me as he took in my presence.

He began having a go at Cook, and of course, Cook didn't back down until forced to. Cook was expelled. The security stepped forward, grabbing Cook.