iv.

1ST PERSON, LUCIA

"let's go visit grandma and grandpa" i spoke over the phone. today was my free day and i haven't visited my grandparents in a few months. "wouldn't it be awkward? i've never met her" yejun sighed.

that's true. when ever i would visit korea as a child, i would stay with my grandparents. yejun wouldn't want to come claiming he was already "in touch with the culture", whatever that means.

"no it won't! i'll be there, she'll be happy that we visited her"

"alright, pick me up in 20 minutes"
"yay! okay!"

i hung up and eagerly ran to change. i'm so glad he decided to go!

"why are you so happy?" yoongi asked me as he sat on the couch, munching on his bag of chips. "i'm going to daegu with yejun, to visit our grandparents" i replied while slipping on my black converse.

"really?" i nodded. i could see by the look on his face that he wanted to add more. "want to come, you could visit your family?" yoongi's face lit up. he hasn't visited his family in a long time as well.

"sure, let me get changed" i giggled and sat on the couch, while waiting for him.

___________

we were now on our way to daegu, it was a 3 hour drive so it would be a bit tiring. also considering the fact that the two were making me drive.

it was only 10 minutes into the drive and yoongi was already asleep. he's in the back seat. he has his arms crossed over his chest, his lips are parted slightly and his head is tilted back.

"can we stop at a gas station? i'm hungry" i gave yejun a deadpanned face. "are you serious? it's been 10 minutes"

"okay? i'm hungry" i sighed and pulled up to a gas station. "get me something too" yejun stuck out his tongue at me while getting out of the car.

"how much more longer?" i looked over my shoulder to see yoongi still in the same position, but now talking. "3 hours basically"

"let me know when we're there"
"mhm" i hummed.

yoongi had told me to drop him off at his family's home since he wanted to give yejun and i time to spend with our grandparents.

"did you get me anything?" i turned to yejun who was entering my car. he opened a bag to show three packs of gimbap and 3 waterbottles. "thank you!" i patted his head and pulled out of the gas station.

___________

"we'll be back in 5 hours!" i yelled out to yoongi. we would be back at the dorm by 8 or 9pm. he nodded as he got out of the car. i stayed outside waiting for him to enter.

once i saw his mom come out with a surprised look i giggled. she pulled yoongi in a tight hug. i could practically see yoongi cringing right now.

i saw yoongi motion towards yejun and i. his mom waved happily at us before entering her house with yoongi.

i drove off to our grandparents place. i missed them so much. i couldn't wait to see them!

after a 10 minute drive, we arrived.

"don't be nervous!" i tried comforting yejun as we got out of the car and began walking to our grandparents house. "what if they're mad because i never visited them?" i slapped his shoulder.

"stop thinking like that! they won't be mad!" i knocked on the metal door. i stood there waiting for on of them to come out. i was about to knock again until the door opened.

our grandma opened the door with her hand over her mouth. "aigo~ lucia" she hugged me and began kissing my cheeks. "grandma, this is yejun-ah" i look at yejun.

our grandma stood there shocked not knowing what to say. "yejun-ah? you're older brother?" i nodded. "junhyun! come out here! lucia and yejun are here!"

she pulled my brother into a hug. i could see the tears in her face as she hugged him.

our grandpa came out and he also looked shocked. he looked over at me like if he was asking if that was really him. i nodded my head and he began chuckling as he joined the two in a hug.

"yah~, yejun-ah!" our grandpa patted his back once they pulled away. he then hugged me and squished my cheeks.

"let's go inside! i had just made lunch!"

our grandma ushered us all inside.

"how long will you guys be here?" she asked as she sat down in her seat and yejun and i served them the food.

"just a few hours, we have to work tomorrow" yejun replied while putting the pot of jajangmyeon away and sitting down next to me.

"i see, we're glad to have met yejun" our grandma gave him a soft smile.
"yes! we need to meet santiago too" our grandpa said before slurping on the noodles.

"we'll try to bring him on day" i've been asking my mom, but she doesn't let us bring him with us since we're always working. i've talked to bangpd and he even allowed yejun and i to bring him. my mom is just worried we won't pay attention to him.

"are you guys dating anyone?" our grandma asked. "yah, don't ask that!" our grandfather playfully scolded her. "i need to know if we're having grandchildren soon!" she defended herself.

"i'm not, lucia probably is"
"what! no, i'm not!"
"what about your member" he teased me.

"we're not dating!" i slurped on the noodles.
"which member?" our grandpa asked as he put his chopsticks down.

"it's probably jungkook" my eyes widened at what she said. yejun began laughing. "why does everyone say that!"

"it's obvious, luci-ah" she shook her head at me.
"now that i think about it, your grandma's right"

"it's the way he looks at you, the way you look at hin too. your grandpa and i would give each other that same look when we fell in love"

"she gave me that look first. she was head over heel's for me! all lot of girls were in love with me, but i shrugged them off and decided to give your grandmother a chance. she would send me letters too" our grandma scoffed at his words.

"are you sure about that? isn't that the complete opposite of it? want me to pull out the letters you would write to me everyday and still do!" she stood up from her seat.

our grandpa awkwardly chuckled, "that isn't necessary"

she nodded her head before sitting down.

"anyways, you two should date. i've met jungkook and he's a nice boy. you guys should try it out. if it doesn't work out, you guys can still remain best friends like always. a relationship wouldn't ruin that. i've seen how you two are" i stayed quiet while listening to her.

we really should at least try it out.

(a/n) sorry for not uploading as much! i started school so i haven't been able to. i hope you guys like this chapter!! :)