twenty two | leftovers

( Yall tell Lisa don't be mad at me

( Yall tell Lisa don't be mad at me.. BUT... *whispers* this.. just a TINY bit short. I'm sorry mama! I'll make the next one lengthy promise. I'm Just tired tonight & got work in am, but I did want to update like I said I would 🤞🏾♥️)
_______________________________________

Stevie leaned against the wall of the elevator. Hiccuping, she laughed to herself. She might've had too many mimosas while out on her lunch date. "Okay Stevie get it together, girl, we are a bad bitch. We most definitely can hold our liquor," Straightening up she fixed her suit jacket as she waited to climb off the elevator once it stopped.

Stepping off she adjusted her posture, striding across the floor, she waved to Jade who was busy taking a call. Smiling she waved and continued with her call.

Stevie made her way towards Tremaine's office, knocking on the door, she opened it and peeped inside to see him standing staring out the window down at the street.

"I brought you some leftovers," Stevie held up the foil wrapping which was shaped into a swan, she hiccuped laughing to herself. "Cuse'me," She uttered.

Tremaine detached his eyes from the view, spinning around to stare at her. He rolled his eyes. "Did I tell you to come into my office? No I didn't, second, are you drunk? Did you come back to work drunk? That's very fucking unprofessional, I've asked you before not to come into my establishment drunk--"

Stevie lifted her finger up hiccupping again. "Wanna know what else is unprofessional, yelling at your employees, cursing at them, kissing your employees, oh I got another one, trying to fuck your employee's. And I'm not drunk, I'm tiddly. You, you need a drink. Maybe you wouldn't be so rude today. You're supposed to be my friend, you're being very green today, Tremaine. Isn't your best color. Hm, I shouldn't give you my leftovers, it's arugula, fresh mozzarella and steak flatbread, you better eat it. It wasn't cheap," Sitting the foiled swan down on his desk. She turned moving to walk out of his office, but stopped beforehand.

"Oh.... Grumpy pants, I saw Mrs. Pilton at the restaurant where we ate? She talked to her husband, and managed to get him to reconsider giving you another chance. So he'd like a meeting over drinks next Thursday at the country club, you're welcome!" She walked out shutting his door behind her.

"Hey cute face," Jade smiled as she hung up the receiver.

"Hi, baby, did you pass your finals?" Stevie rested on the desk. "Ugh he's being a total bitch today--"

"Oh! Thank you for reminding me, let me check! And Is he? He's been mad nice to me all day. Why? Oh my God, is he firing me?" Jade laughed as she clicked away on her computer.

"No, but I might have a damn foot out the door again, Jay. He's got one more time to say something arrogant, illy, rude or yell at me like I'm his child again? I'm going to rearrange his crani--" She silenced herself when she heard his door opening.

"Oh boy --" She mouthed to Jade rolling her eyes around irritated.

"Ms. Calhoun you can go home for the day," He voiced.

Stevie lifted up of the desk top. Cringing throughout her body, she turned on her heels to look at Tremaine. Batting her lashes,  sulking up his words, she felt her skin crawling. "And why am I going home? Look I don't--"

He over talked her adjusting his cufflink.
"-- You need some time to get yourself together for tonight. I've been invited to a private art auction by the governor, you're my assistant, and you're good with faces. So I'll need your help, thank you, oh the attire is formal, dress the part please," With that he glanced up at her shortly before dropping his eyes and stepping back into his office shutting the door.

"Ah--" Her bottom jaw dropped.

"Girl he likes you," Jade smiled fluttering her lashes for dramatic effect. "Nobody but the snobs of the cooperate world get invited to the governor's private auction, he didn't take Vanessa with him to events like this. You--"

Tremaine's door opened again. "Oh Jade you can go home too, get yourself together. You're invited too, David, the driver," He cleared his throat. "Will be by to pick you both up at eight so be ready by then," His door started to shut back.

"Oh okay yes sir!" Her hands raked through her fro as she gave a silent scream. "No way this is happening! I passed all my finals, gained happy weight, my girlfriend got a promotion and now I'm invited to the private auction?! Stevie, pinch me because this is good karma! That makes us part of the snobby crew, fuck it I'll take it!"

Stevie rolled her eyes. "If he thinks this is his way of apologizing by not apologizing he has another thing coming, hm, got something for his ass,"

"Huh?" Jade looked up from texting her girlfriend all her good news.

"Huh? Oh nothing babe, look I'm about to head out. Gotta find something to wear for this crap. Text you later or I'll just see you later," Stevie tapped the desk as she turned away from it heading for the elevators.

"Alright, see ya!" Jade shouted.

Stevie pulled her phone from her purse while she waited for the elevator to arrive. Scrolling through her messages, she smiled when she saw the thread she eas looking for.

David 🧔🏾 ...

Will you be attending the governor's private auction tonight, gorgeous face?

Yes ma'am I got my invite, I'm assuming you're Tremaine's plus one? Because I was hoping to ask you to be mine 😉

Sadly I am.. But I can still be yours 😘.. I'll be ready by 7:30pm I'll text you me address.

Whew.. I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful face again! I'll be there at 6 sharp!

The shaft arrived right on time.  Stevie locked her phone and slipped in back into her purse. Stepping onto the elevator. Her mouth pulling into a mischievous grin. "I feel so... Evil," She chuckled at herself as the elevator doors started to shut.

____________________________________________

Update!! 😫♥️...

One more update to go! Then off to bed...