one | dose of caffeine

Tremaine Maverick______

Tremaine Maverick
______

His expensive Armani dress shoes carried his 6'3 muscular frame into the coffee stop. The moment he proceeded further into the unfamiliar establishment. Even though he passed it every day on his route to work. His nose is instantly greeted with the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans, and the warm sweet scent of his favorite banana nut muffins.

Admiring the line of twelve or so patrons waiting for their daily dose of caffeine. He impatiently scuffed, staring down at the pricey watch on his wrist for the time. "Ugh, this is why I have other people do this shit for me," He muttered under his breath as he leaned over to the left some to look up towards the counter.

"I.. don't have time for this," He stepped out of line and started walking up to the front counter. Hearing a few curse words and grunts from the customer's he was skipping ahead of.

"Hi, hello, excuse me miss?" He requested her immediate attention.

The cashier and barista looked away from the customer she was speaking with, in order to stare over at Tremaine. Mesmerized by the gorgeous businessman, one she'd only remembered seeing on a billboard or two around the city, but, never in the flesh like now. And he truly was more breath taking in person than in his pictures. "M..M..Mr-"  She stammered.

"Yeah hi how are you? That's good, can I get a large macchiato and a banana nut muffin, preciate it," He slipped a twenty out of his pocket handing it to her.

"Sure," Her round cheeks were on fire. Her entire face flushing a rosy pink.  Gigglingly girlishly, she quickly moved away from the counter hurrying to retrieve his order.

The young lady he rudely interrupted, as she was ordering herself, wasn't too pleased by how he'd completely ignored the fact that she stood right next to him. "Um..." Lowering the sunglasses down on her nose, she glanced over at the unknown individual. "Yo, I was ordering here first before you interrupted,"

Sullenly he glanced over at the other person occupying the small space at the front counter. Looking her up and down for a split second, he then looked away. "Look I'm late for work. I need my coffee and I'll be out of your way, thanks," He adjusted his tie.

Grumpy wasn't the word. Angered fit best, yes, he was extremely angry that particular morning. Inhaling a calming breathe, he turned around to address the growing line. "If you all let me get my order and go? I'll pay for everyone's order, deal? Good, thanks," He rolled his eyes annoyed and turned back to the front counter just as the Batista was returning.

"There you go, sir, this is the last muffin before we get a fresh batch out," Courtney read her name tag as she smiled towards Tremaine. Slowly sliding the beverage and bagged muffin over towards him.

"Oh hell no! Are you kidding me?! I've been standing here longer and I ordered a banana muffin first, so thank you," She grabbed for the clear bag with the muffin enclosed in it. 

"Oh my God. I don't have time, you heard me order this. Now please un-hand my muffin ma'am," He grabbed for the bag.

"Courtney are you serious right now? You just gone give the muffin I already ordered away? And no sucka' you cuttin' anyways, so watch out the way," She slapped his hand off the bag.

"Stevie?! Do you know who he is? Girl that's Mr-"

Stevie smacked her lips. "I don't give a damn who he is. He not just gone cut me and take my muffin too? Nah not happening, I have a interview in twenty minutes, I need some nutrients in my body so step off,"

"Yo I really don't have time for this! How much can I pay you for that muffin? Ten dollars, twenty? Thirty? Name ya' price," He smacked his plump lips against one another.

She laughed. "It isn't for sell, big bucks. You can gladly wait in line like everybody else for the fresh batch to come out,"

Groaning he rubbed his hand over his face. "It ain't like you need that anyways, fat ass," He harshly stated as he grabbed his coffee up from the counter.

Stevie sat the bag on the counter. Laughing loudly at his remark. Folding her arms. "Well, well, well. Mr. Macchiato drinking, tight suit wearing ass, Obama knock off. What's got your panties in a bunch? You walk your snobby, arrogant ass up in this coffee shop demanding and carrying yourself like you're better than everyone in here? You don't think we're late for our jobs too? Huh, you look like you live off a damn black berry. Probably haven't been screwed in years. I can tell, I smell your virginity all the way over here through that expensive ass cologne. Now if you don't mind? People trying to order a lil' caffeine, so walk your fine ass out the door," She pointed towards the exit cracking up along with a few other customers in the shop.

 Now if you don't mind? People trying to order a lil' caffeine, so walk your fine ass out the door," She pointed towards the exit cracking up along with a few other customers in the shop

"Still here? Buh bye," She waved to dismiss him.

Groaning he tossed a couple bills on the counter honoring his promise to pay or the people in line orders

Groaning he tossed a couple bills on the counter honoring his promise to pay or the people in line orders. Taking a minute he glowered over at Stevie one last time before he headed for the exit.

____________________________

Updateeee 😂... sorry it's short..

Keep or delete?