twenty eight | hide & seek

Tremaine sat his briefcase down on the hall table. Tossing his keys down next to it, he made his way down the hallway. He was confused on why thee lights were off and it was so quiet. "Yo ' Stevie?" He flicked the light switch on. "Yo' Stevie you upstairs? I got some Chinese takeout from up the street, it's good, you like eggrolls?"

There was no response. Tremaine sat the bag of food down on the island, when he noticed a folded piece of paper sitting there. Raising his brow's, he picked the paper up opening into read it.

"Hi Mr. Maverick. If you're reading this it means you've made it home. Good! I was thinking since you like to play games? I have one of my own, you're going to find me. Yeah that's right, you're going to find me. I left your keys so that you can get around, now I'll help you of course by leaving you hints. You have until midnight to find me, if you do? I'd do whatever you say, if not then you're to send everyone Bali for Christmas! Your time starts now. And you first clue is muffin,"

Smiling he loosened his tie, as he leaned on the counter thinking. "Muffin? What the fuck does that..." He was totally fascinated with this cute little game of Stevie's and was determined to find her, simply because it was in his nature to achieve and master whatever he's put up against. So this little challenge of Stevie's was exciting him.

"Muffin, Muffin! Oh shit!" It finally dawned on him. Snatching the keys from the counter he took off running for the door to exit the suite. If he was correct, the first hint meant the first time the two of them met,

It took him twenty minutes to get over to the coffee shop. Pulling up he threw his range into park, snatching his seatbelt off, he hopped out and rushed around to curb to head into the coffee shop.

"Hi, um.. I don't know what to say, but uh---" He gave a quick smile to the barista standing there.

"Tremaine?" She smiled digging into her apron pocket.

"Yeah," He nodded.

"Great I was told to give this to you, here you go," She handed him the small sealed envelope.

Eagerly he grabbed it. "Than.. Thank you," He turned to walk off, but he turned back around. Digging some cash out of his pocket, he slipped it into the tip jar. "Goodnight," He waved.

"Thank you sir, goodnight,"

Exiting the coffee shop, he made his way back over to his Range Rover, climbing inside he took the time to open the small envelope to read the note inside of it.

"Good job! You are as smart as you look! Now that you've found the second note, here's your second clue, Jade,"

"Jade?" He frowned puzzled. "Jad.. Her desk? Her desk at work? My office?" He inquired to himself as he started the car up. Buckling his seatbelt, he moved out into traffic heading to his office. Hoping he was right about what he'd guessed.