Chapter 17

< One Week Later >

Emira B.: You're really going?

Odalia nodded.

Odalia B.: Of course, who else will transport the abomatrons and properly utilize them? That was a waste of material last week...

Emira frowned.

Emira B.: So, you're looking for the student?

Odalia nodded.

Odalia B.: I doubt that's all of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Terra wanted us to bring some rebels back, as well.

The tone of that made Emira uneasy.

Aliosia B.: Odalia, what if Estel isn't the only student who's over there? Try to be careful with the abomatrons so you don't harm any of them by accident?

An older Blight shook her head.

Emira's grandmother.

Moria B.: No. That girl was a sympathy ploy, why else would they recruit a nineteen year-old to help assassinate Emperor Belos? I suggest that you use caution when going through.

Odalia wasn't quite sure how to reply.

Aliosia's first statement had her head spinning.

"What if Estel isn't the only student who's over there?"

What if...?

No, no.

That was just wishful thinking.

There would be a handful of survivors, of course. But...

She couldn't get her hopes up. Not after everything else.

Not when she still had Emira and Viney to protect.

Viney, who had gotten sick the previous day.

< Meanwhile >

Luz N.: Your chest is bugging you, now?

Amity nodded shortly.

Amity N.: I'm sure it's nothing, but it's a little annoying.

Luz frowned, gently checking her forehead—after needing to brush her bangs aside, first.

Amity's hair was very neat when she was younger, partially with the aid of mixing a potion into her conditioner to keep it that way. If it eliminated a way for her mother to criticize her, she would do it.

However, as she got older, and as she grew her hair out to reach her lower waist, it began matching Alador's much more closely. With multiple flips and what looked to be small waves.

Even the fuchsia color faded until it was almost white, and alongside the two front strands, her roots were auburn. Though she planned on re-dying it.

The change was partly brought on thanks to a budget-related decision on Amity's part. And because she no longer cared about how she was viewed by others.

Regardless of how hard they seemed to try to make it clear that she was looked down on for how young she and Luz had Azura.

Of course, Luz wouldn't miss any opportunity to let Amity know how stunning she was.

Luz N.: No fever, but maybe it's something else?

Amity shook her head, bringing Luz to sit beside her.

Amity N.: Luz, I'm okay, I'll contact a healer if it gets worse.

Luz playfully sulked.

Luz N.: Okay, but I'm holding you to that, cool?