'Aye, well, everything came good in the end eh?'

'Yeah... Cheryl?'

'What?'

'I don't ever want to leave you.'

'Aaawwh, babe... I don't want you to either!'

'D'you think we'll be together forever? Like seriously, forever.'

Cheryl sits up and holds my hand. 'That's the hope, babe. It might sound a bit... daunting to you, but I do want to spend the rest of me life with you.'

'It isn't daunting, that's what I want too. But didn't you think that once with Ashley?'

Cheryl frowns slightly. 'Yes I did, once. I wouldn't have married him otherwise. But he did things that made me change me mind, you've never done anything to make us not wanna be with you.'

I raise my eyebrows, cocking my head sarcastically. 'Nothing?'

Cheryl rolls her eyes. 'C'mon, what happened to lookin' to the future and letting go of all that stuff? You said it just now.'

'I know, you're right... I was just thinking aloud.'

'What you did was because of things in your life you hadn't face properly... Ashley cost me something that just - it changes how you see a person. Forever.'

'I'm sorry Chez, I didn't mean to bring that all back for you.'

'No, it's ok. You understand though?'

'Yeah.' I whisper. 'And I hope I never change your mind about me.'

'I hope I never change yours either.'

'I can't see that to be honest.' I whisper. 'You're perfect.'

'Don't be daft nobody's perfect.'

'You are to me. You're beautiful, sexy, loving, loyal, you have a heart of gold Cheryl. And you're the only person in the whole world I trust.'

'I'm sure that's not true.'

'Which bit?' I tease, but Cheryl just pouts. 'No, it is.'

'Come on... really?'

'Of course. Too much has happened between me and my family for me to ever trust them again. I don't have any really close friends... well there's Sarah she counts, but she scares me to death--' I pause as Cheryl laughs loudly. 'there's only you, babe.'

Cheryl sighs, shaking her head a little, but she's smiling. 'Well, that makes me a bit sad... but I'm glad there's someone, and that it's me.'

Cheryl's phone starts to ring again and she sighs heavily.

'Reality's calling, says we need to get back.' I laugh. Cheryl groans loudly as she sits up, searching for her phone. 'We need to go away somewhere and leave us phones here y'know.' She scowls. 'Hello? Hi dad!'

I signal to Cheryl that I'm going to make a drink and get out of bed, leaving her to talk to her dad alone. I stick some toast on as well while I'm in there, then carry it all back to the bedroom, balancing the plate of toast between my arms. When I push the door open I almost walk into Cheryl.

'Sh*t! Sorry babe, lemme get those... was wondering where you'd got to.'

'I just thought I'd do some toast too, here you go fill your boots.'

'Yay, thanks babe.'

'How's your dad?'

'Fine, he just wanted to check we were still going for a few days next week... you still up for it?'