Chapter 58

'Oh my God, are you havin' a bubble bath!!' Cheryl screams. She jumps on me, hugging me tightly, both of us laughing.

'Am I having a what?!'

'I can't believe it!' she says breathlessly as we break apart. 'Actual Lady Gaga! Even I've never met her!'

'I couldn't believe it when she walked in.' I laugh. 'She said tell the restaurant I was waiting for Stephanie G... said they'd seat me straight away and they did. Five minutes later she just sat in front of me like we'd known each other years. I couldn't even speak!'

'What's she like?!' Cheryl says eagerly.

Just then, the buzzer goes, and Cheryl jumps out of her skin, grabbing my arm tightly.

'Hey... babe, it's ok...'

Cheryl slowly relaxes her grip on my arm. 'Who is it?'

I walk to the buzzer, watching her carefully. She looks so afraid.

'Hello?'

'Hi, just dropping off the car?'

'Oh, of course...' I hear Cheryl sigh behind me. The car had been in for its MOT and was just being brought back.

'I'll be right down.' I say quickly.

'I'm gonna go and grab the keys babe, ok?'

'Yeah, go on it's alright.'

I practically sprint outside and collect the car keys, then run back upstairs, see Cheryl is stood exactly where I left her.

'Sorry Kimba, I dunno what came over us.' She mumbles. 'Don't look like that, you look really upset.' She adds with a nervous giggle.

'Come here, give me a hug.'

Cheryl smiles, doing just that. 'Aah, babe, I'm fine, it just took us by surprise... I was being silly.'

'No you're not... look I'm never going to let anyone hurt you again, I promise.'

'I thought we'd talked about this.' Cheryl sighs. 'It was not your fault, ok?'

'I'm just telling you.'

'It's alright... come on, tell us all about today, I wanna know everything before we go anywhere tonight!'

**

'So are you gonna be rolling in it then?' Cheryl jokes as we lock up the flat and head out that evening. We're dressed casually, just going for something to eat somewhere quiet.

'I dunno.' I laugh. 'From what she said though, it's a lot of work, but the tour doesn't start until later in the year so I should be able to get a good head start... she's gonna put me in touch with her PA, should hear from her in a couple of days... it sounds like big bucks!'

'Kimberley?'

I turn around at the sound of my name as I reach the car door, and Cheryl gasps behind me.

Kate is stood there. Stood there like she has every right in the world to be there. She takes a step closer.

'What the fcuking hell are you doing here?!' I say furiously. Something had ignited inside me; I can just see red. My blood is boiling. I grab Cheryl's hand and push her behind me.

'I need to talk to you--'

'You need to disappear right now before I fcuking kill you!'

'Kimberley,' Cheryl says behind me 'just get in the car let's go--'

'Cheryl, please hear me out.' Kate says, turning her attention to Cheryl and coming closer.

'Go away!' Cheryl shouts, backing away, pulling me with her.