Chapter Six

Leo POV
· • – ٠ ✤ ٠ – • ·•· . ·' ♥ '· . ·•· • – ٠ ✤ ٠ – • ·

We arrived in a little town close to Vitalis. This town is within their governance so we're hoping to get lucky with any information here and get home as soon as we can. This is the town closest to Vitalis so they're most likely be the first to get the news about anything that goes on in the kingdom.

The sun already set and the stars are out for the night. We changed to more casual clothing to blend with the crowd and change our appearance a bit because Vitalis is familiar with us and we can't risk the locals recognizing us and informing the kingdom about spies.

The town was somewhat quiet. It wasn't like Credia where there were children playing with dogs and running around at every turn. Especially in the early nights like this.

We stopped in the hidden part of the town and hid our carriage behind the trees. I put a scarf over my mouth leaving only my eyes to be seen as Danielle covered herself as much as she can with a brown old cloak with a large hood over her head. Ramona on the other hand made herself as feminine as she possibly can and didn't bother hiding like Danielle and I was doing.

She took her hair out from her braid and let her tresses fall behind her back like a black river. I gave her a double take as she applied a deep red coloring on her lips and she changed into a simple but gorgeous white dress that reached her knees.

"Um," I was speechless, I have never seen her in a dress before. I didn't even know she had one.

Ramona winked at me, "They'll never think I'm a knight now will they."

Danielle watched with horror as she looked at Ramona, "Maybe you're not as recovered as we thought you are," she said slowly about Ramona's recent injury. It's obvious we were used to Ramona being a little more masculine.

Ramona laughed, "We can be whatever we want here little Danny, and this time my goal is to get as much information as I can, and what better way than to be a lost innocent girl in a dark scary place," she said and fixed her dark hair.

We were both stunned into silence. I don't know yet if she's crazy or a fucking genius. I guess we'll find out tonight.

Men truly let their guard down when faced with vulnerable and innocent women but their demons also come out, so Dani and I need to watch Ramona more carefully. Even though Ramona is a skilled fighter, she's not invincible.

Ramona started to walk. Danielle and I looked at each other before following behind her.

We both followed Ramona as she got the attention she wanted, the attention where people want to help the pretty lost girl in the middle of town.

We stayed farther back to make Ramona look like she was wandering alone as both Danielle and I took a feel around the place.

Vitalis has always had a dark vibe to it, even in outside towns like this one. It is so much different from we're from where we always felt free and bright. Here, the people felt like they were watching you suspiciously like they were waiting for an attack at any moment. I don't know if that was because of the recent wars or if they've always been this distrustful of outsiders but all I know is I really didn't want to stay in this town longer than we had to.

I watched as men in dark corners stared at Ramona who was wearing a white dress in a crowd wearing all dark or dirty clothing.

I took in the off-duty knight as he walked confidently toward Ramona. Danielle immediately crouched down behind a barrel as I hid behind a tree. We couldn't hear what they were talking about but Ramona was laughing and lightly slapped the knight's arm and the knight grinned at the contact.