Chapter Thirty-Two

Natalia POV
· • – ٠ ✤ ٠ – • ·•· . ·' ♥ '· . ·•· • – ٠ ✤ ٠ – • ·

Isabelle zipped up my dress as I faced the mirror. "There," Isabelle said as she leaned her chin on my shoulder as she looked at my reflection in front of me. "You look gorgeous," she continued.

"Thanks, Isabelle," I replied as I leaned my head against her.

The door opened behind us and we both turned to see Princess Alia walking in with her hair in an updo showing off her delicate neck that was wrapped with expensive gold and jewels.

She smiled, "Ready?"

Isabelle and I gave our dress a final retouching before grabbing our things and headed for the door to follow Alia.

"They're waiting for us downstairs," Alia informed us as she moved between us and linked her arms with ours pulling us eagerly.

We headed down the wide staircase and saw Leo, Danielle, and Ramona standing below. Leo was wearing her commander uniform with all its fancy jewels, and Danielle was wearing the usual black leather outfit that everyone expected she was going to wear. Ramona on the other hand was wearing a dress that she wasn't supposed to. Knights are required to wear pants for sudden raids and attacks, but obviously, Ramona has no problem fighting in a dress.

"Hey guys," Isabelle greeted and grabbed Danielle's arm as Alia moved to Leo. I turned to see Ramona smirking. "Looks like you're stuck with me," she said with a wink. I burst out laughing as I grabbed her arm.

Ramona is like a sister to me and I wouldn't mind being stuck with her throughout the banquet.

We walked out of the castle to head for the manor house. It was a big stone house surrounded by rich grass and trees with the flag of Credia around the structure.

I could already see people walking around the manor from this distance. Looks like everyone was looking forward to this.

Most of the banquets are hosted in the manor house so everything is very familiar to me, but right now it felt different. Maybe it was just me but the air felt thicker and my body felt a little numb. Maybe I was just anxious. It was the first time I'll see Malin again after our last spell-breaking three days ago.

I felt so conflicted. I never planned to like Malin. I never even planned to tolerate her. She just came here with her striking eyes and wormed her way to my heart.

Now she doesn't even look at me and I know it's very much my fault.

I should've just told them that I liked Malin and believe it or not, we enjoy each other's company. I just felt like I was in a tough spot. I feel like I'm betraying Danielle and Ramona if I tell them that Malin wasn't the villain people portrayed her out to be, but Malin destroyed their home; she will always be a villain to them.

How do I even fix this?

My friends never treated me differently after they found out about Malin and me.

Danielle doesn't even care, I think some part of her still cares about Malin but chose to hate her for the choices she made. I can understand them especially when they saw that Malin started to enjoy creating chaos.