28

"As long as we keep the flames up, and the doors locked, it won't come in here."

"It?" Lei asked as she sat down next to Beomgyu.

"We saw it." Jun said quietly as he leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You saw what?" Hani asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"The monster." Beomgyu whispered as he looked down at his hands.

"Stop lying." Lisa chuckled as she shook her head.

"He's not good at lying." Lei said softly as she looked at Beomgyu.

They all went quiet as they tried to process that fact.

"What is it like?" Juri asked as she sat across from them.

Beomgyu took a break as he felt his hands start shaking again.

"It was... ugly. Just weird looking. Kind of like... skin less? I don't even know how to explain it. It had these shards of metal hanging from its jaw. Long shards. They kind of looked like-like blades. And it was so tall." He said quietly as he held his hands together as tight as he could.

In a way, now that he knew what it looked like, it was almost, a little less nauseating. Before, he didn't know what they were dealing with, but now he has an idea of a potential weapon they could use against it.

"Was it fast? Like can it move a lot?" Lisa shakily asked as she held onto Sara.

"I don't know. It was a little slow when it was coming towards me."

"We can't underestimate it like that. It managed to cut me all over, and I was running faster than I ever have."

"The door opened by itself. Maybe it could move things with its mind or something." Beomgyu suggested as he looked at Lei with curiosity.

"Like Vecna?" Sara asked in fear, making them all look at her in amusement.

"What's Vecna?" Jun questioned as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Everyone looked at him in slight shock as he continued to be confused.

"You haven't seen Stranger Things?" Lei asked quickly, making Jun shake his head. "It's a monster that can move things with his mind, access your darkest memories, snap your bones and suck your eyes into your skull."

Ali looked at Lei in horror as he heard the things coming out of her mouth.

"Why did you say it so horridly?" Beomgyu said through his teeth as he looked at her and tilted his head towards the child.

"But it's not real." She quickly backtracked as she noticed the look on the kid's face.

"But it could be."

"Naya shut up, it's a show. This is different."

"How do we know that?" Naya sassily tilted her head towards her sister, making her roll her eyes.

"Whatever this thing is, we know it's pretty similar to that character. Instead of getting us in some sort of... trance, it can possess us. It can move things with its mind, and it doesn't like fire." Beomgyu concluded as he crossed his arms over his chest in thought.

"So, what are we gonna do now? Are we going to stay stuck in here until all the candles burn out and it eats us?" Jun said as he rolled his eyes, leaning away from the wall.

"For now, we need to wait until it's daytime to try to escape through the lake. We can't get in the water if we can't see anything. It'll work out best if we stay surrounded by as much fire as we can until we get to the lake."