2

Lei looked through the small drawers for any bugs or dust, before she placed her clothes inside.

She quietly continued to unpack as the other three campers started walking in.

Juri would happily greet them as they walked in while Lei wouldn't even look behind her.

"Hey." Juri called out as she raised her eyebrows expectantly.

Lei turned to look at her in question as Juri sat down on her bed.

"Beomgyu probably didn't tell you the most important stuff. He's not very good at getting to the point."

"I can see that." Lei mumbled as she continued to place her stuff in the drawers.

Juri awkwardly cleared her throat as she looked outside at the kids walking around.

"The main thing that you need to do is just help when Ms. Sally asks. And here in the cabin, we just need to keep them all in line, wake them up, and send them to bed. It's not that hard honestly. I've been coming here since I was a child, it's really fun."

Lei pursed her lips as she nodded her head, giving Juri a small forced smile.

Her mood was still dampened from being forced to be there and then not even getting a proper goodbye from her father.

She couldn't stop thinking about the big bear hug he gave Naya, but he completely forgot about her, and just left.

She wanted to be at least polite, but she's the type that isn't good at keeping her emotions tamed.

"We should go outside now. The introduction is probably going to start soon. Oh yeah, you should change into your counselor shirt."

Lei turned her gaze to the shirt on the bed with a tilt of her head at the dark green color.

"Do we have to wear that every day?"

"No, just on days there are important activities. Like today, there's an introduction and you'll be introduced to the kids as a counselor. Ms. Sally is going to give you your badge."

"Badge?"

"It's just a name badge." Juri shrugged as she stood up, running a hand through her hair. "Introduction is at the seats near the lake, just head there when you're done."

Lei watched Juri leave the cabin with a skip in her step.

She's... jolly.

*******

Lei awkwardly looked around as she tried to find a seat somewhere.

The sun was already starting to set and the view over the lake was looking like a screensaver.

If there weren't so many kids and it was quiet, she would probably be able to enjoy it more.

"Hawaii."

Lei looked to her right to see Beomgyu standing next to her in his dark green shirt. He already had his name badge on.

He noticed where she was looking and followed her gaze.

"Oh yeah, Ms. Sally told me to give you this if I found you." He said quickly as he pulled out her name badge from his pocket and gave it to her.

"Thanks." She said quietly as she put it on.

"You talk?"

"I do. Not as much as you do. But yes, I can speak." She sassed as she looked at the lake.

Beomgyu stared at her with an amused gaze.

"It's about to start. You should come with me. All the counselors are over there." He said as he gestured with his head to the front of the crowd.