"Did you talk to her yet? About you know.."

"No-" I clear my throat, "I'm not ready for that. Once she's better and all healed, then I will."

He sighs, "Why can't shit ever work out for us? It's like we're cursed."

"Look at the job we have, we set ourselves up honestly." I point out. Going into this, we knew what we were getting ourselves into and the losses we would possibly deal with.

"It doesn't make it hurt any less." He looks away from me, giving his focus to the trees passing by.

He's right.

We pull into the cafe and order a bit of everything for them both. I get an orange juice for Delilah as well since that's her favorite and we drive back to the hotel.

I debate asking this since it seems to be going around too much lately but I go for it anyways, "You're okay right? I mean, you can talk about it if you want. No brave face or putting up an act. Not for me." I take my eyes off the road for a second and focus on his side profile.

He turns to me with an unsure emotion, "Are any of us really okay?"

"Nope."

He clutches the bag of food on his lap, "It just sucks y'know? It's one thing losing an associate and team member, but he was our best mate above all. No fuck that, he was our brother."

I close my eyes briefly, "I know."

We sit in silence for the rest of the drive and finally arrive back at the hotel, we part ways so he can give Louis his shit and I go in my room to give Delilah her food.

"Morning baby." I greet her as I close the door.

She lays on the bed staring at the tv, "Morning." She blankly responds with her raspy morning voice.

I hold up the bag of food with a smile, "I got you some goods, you hungry?"

She still stares at the tv, "No."

I sigh and set the bag down on the table, "Baby you haven't eaten in a while, please just try something."

"I don't want to." She rolls over facing the wall.

"I don't care."

She turns her head back to me with a surprised look, "What?"

I shrug, "I don't care if you don't want to, you're going to eat what I got you. You can sit in bed all day, fuck if I care, but you're not going to starve yourself."

She rolls her eyes, "Fuck, fine. Jesus Christ."

I smile and place the bag on her lap, "Dig in, I got a bit of everything. Your PT starts in an hour, did Jade come by?" I ask whilst walking towards the bathroom to shower.

"Yes." She mutters with annoyance.

She feels babied when Jade helps with her medicine and changing her bandage but if Jade or I don't help, then she wouldn't do it.

An hour passes, Delilah ate one waffle and a tiny bit of eggs and I watched her after my shower the whole time.

After enough time passes I stand from the chair and grab her crutches, "Alright you ready?"

She sighs and pulls the covers off, "As I'll ever be."

"That's the spirit." I grin and help her walk out of the room and into the hallway. I stand at the end by the elevators after walking her to the opposite end.

"Remember, just take it easy and if it starts hurting then we stop!" I shout across the hall and she puts up her thumb with arched eyebrows.

She starts walking, putting most her weight on her right leg. Her face scrunches up a few times and there's some struggle but she manages to walk across the entire hallway and make it to me.