Chapter 25 "The Rescue"

Start from the beginning

'I just wanted to see if you're okay. Since we've been back you've had nothing but bad news.'

'I'm fine, don't worry about me.'

I didn't want to be this dry and mean to him, but I had no choice, it was the only way to hide the love I inevitably felt for him.

'Okay,' he said lowering his head.

I couldn't help but stare at him at that moment, and when he looked up suddenly, I was hooked on his blue eyes.

'I'm so proud of what you did today. You started something that can change the world as we know it. I'm proud of you.'

'Thank you, but it was the right thing to do. Even though I know they're going to struggle with the idea. I was thinking, maybe they should vote privately and we can do it every year. Well... if I make it to next year.'

'Don't say that.'

He hushed me sternly, his eyes full of fire and love.

I knew he was holding back too.

'Caelus... I can't.' I finally told him.

'Gaia,' he approached my bed so fast I had no time to react.

The sword fell on my mattress, and he sat down in front of me. He took my face in his hands and squeezed my cheeks, taking in my scent, feeling me in his touch.

'I messed everything up, but I can't help it, I can't stay away from you. I just love you, I love you so bad it hurts.'

My breathing began to hitch, his lips dangerously close to mine. I knew that just by getting a little closer, I could enjoy his lips.

He wouldn't move, he was waiting for me to decide what to do next.

And the temptation was too great.

I kissed him with an uncontrolled passion, stronger than him and me. Every time our lips touched, a small sigh left my mouth, as if I couldn't believe something felt so good.

 Every time our lips touched, a small sigh left my mouth, as if I couldn't believe something felt so good

Then, his hands left my cheeks and moved down to my waist. He slowly began to lay on top of me.

Take his shirt off.

For some reason, I pulled his shirt off.

His muscles were exposed and I could feel the heat rising from my body. I kept kissing him without considering for a minute what I was doing.

I just wanted to keep going, I wanted to keep going because it felt so right.

His hands ventured to try to remove my blouse.

And in that instant, the memory flashed in front of my eyes like a divine vision.

'You promised, you can't love him. He'll die, and he won't ever come back,' the Tree's voice said inside my head.