Chapter 25 "The Rescue"

The plan was set that night.

'I know where our people are hiding. They were all in town to far from the opening, that's why we couldn't take them out,' said Galaga.

'Then we need a way out on town,' answered Polar.

'What about a portal? I can open a portal,' I said with maybe too much confidence. I wasn't sure I could do it so easily, but I knew I could do it.

'A portal where? You can't appear in the middle of the street,' Aurora had to be part of the planning, Caelus insisted.

'The best way to open portals is when you truly know the place, is there any significant place you can think of in your Kingdom?' Caelus asked me.

'Yes, there is one place I can think of. Russell's house.'

Caelus flinched at the mention of his name, but it was the right call.

We would enter the Kingdom through a portal, a portal that I would be in charge of opening in the yellow house.

'All right, now, let's talk about teams.'

Aurora and Lewis would stay near the portal to prevent the monsters or any soldiers from crossing it, while we tried to save more people. Mandacol and Galaga would go in search of survivors, those who wanted to go to safety, our allies.

Polar and Rayn would be part of our main team, who would follow Caelus and I to find Rythel and try to negotiate a better deal with him than what Jonah had proposed. I didn't really plan to give him anything, but he didn't know that. I just had to convince him that what I said was true. And if that didn't work, I would buy the others enough time to rescue as many people as possible.

I stayed up late sharpening my new sword. I hadn't taken lessons since the fight with Caelus at Tellus, but I remembered enough.

 I hadn't taken lessons since the fight with Caelus at Tellus, but I remembered enough

Besides, I had my magic. I was a little afraid to use it again, because I didn't know if I could control the new shadows that would spread from me, but I had it.

Someone was at the entrance to my tent.

'Who is it?'

'It's me Gaia.'

His voice was welcoming to me, like a warm blanket on a cold, bleak day.

'Come in,' I said as I continued to sharpen my sword, trying to control my heartbeat.

Caelus entered my tent and stood for a few seconds watching me and my sword.

'New toy?'

'A gift from the Gods. One of two actually,' I replied without looking at him. It didn't seem like a good idea after saying something like that.

He took a few steps closer, making my heart race, putting my skin on alert.

'What do you want Caelus?' I questioned him before he came closer, still not looking at him.