Chapter 4 [part 1]

How could this be possible? I thought I would never see him again.

Yes, I had recognized him in the dreams, in the visions I had had, but I thought it was my imagination using the image of someone I knew I could trust, someone I felt safe with.

But to see him again, after he had saved me from my fate of decapitation, and to know that he was Caelus was completely unexpected.

His dark blue eyes looked me up and down. Every detail of those eyes seemed so familiar, so intimate, as if I had known them since even before I was born. As if those eyes had come into the world for me to look into. His tanned skin, shiny, and without any detail that I could spot as an imperfection, intimidated me. 

How could a human be this perfect? Suddenly I felt very disgusting

How could a human be this perfect? Suddenly I felt very disgusting. I was dripping, my hair although kept in a braid, was completely dishevelled. Instead, his black hair, the same shade as Thunder the horse's, wavy but not looking messy was hidden under a hat similar to the one Rayn wore.  He took it off the second he noticed that I knew who he was.

It was true, he knew me.

'You're Caelus?'

'We meet again, Princess.'

"Rise Princess" those had been his first words to me.

When he opened the door I thought he was an envoy of the Gods who had come to save me. A miracle person of sorts. That's why I knew my dreams connected to that moment, because he was the person I remembered as part of a miraculous moment.

But now everything had changed.

Did he know I was a princess? Did he know before I did? How had he been in Bieno's kingdom that day to save me? Why?

I knew in an instant.

'Someone hired you to save me, right? That's why you were there that day, that's why you helped me escape. All this time I thought I had doomed you to a terrible fate, all that guilt and it had just been a job for you, right?'

My cheeks caught fire when I saw that he didn't answer me.

He was going to tell me absolutely nothing about what had happened.