Chapter 3 [part 2]

He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the tent.

As I walked out, the fresh breeze hit me in the face like a beautiful gift after I had lost all the air in my lungs.

It only took me a second to pull myself together.

'Let go of me,' I said to Rayn who kept moving me forward.

'Get on your horse and follow me,' he said as he mounted the black horse next to Lightning, 'I have to get you as far away as I possible, Polar won't be able to hold her much longer.'

That was Polar? Why did I feel I knew Polar too? Was everything in this place familiar to me?

To my regret, I listened to him and rode by his side.

'Where are we going?' I asked, swallowing my hatred towards him and his little fairy friend. I wanted to go back and show her a bit of what a human was capable of.

He pointed me towards the sea and rode faster. So to the sea we would go.

Why had that fairy tried to kill me so readily? Was this what Russell meant by them being bad people? Because I thought the worst thing they could do to us was what Rayn did.

But no, apparently they were capable of a lot worse.

And there was something that worried me with every gallop I took. If these were just followers, what would their leader be like? Only someone ruthless could order to torture people in exchange for money.

That was the person I should ask for help? How could I trust him not to kill me before I reached the Tree? How could I trust him not to kill me right here and now?

Maybe this was all an act to make me believe that they really cared that I survived and as soon as I got there they would murder me.

That possibility existed, but now I knew what they were capable of, so if they wanted to fight, well, I would fight.

The sea was closer than expected. As we reached the shore, Rayn got off the black horse and dug his boots into the water.

'The horses won't be able to come, I can only take you,' he informed me.

'I'm not leaving Lightning for that crazy fairy...'

Rayn lowered his head.

'Thunder won't let anything happen to him, right smart girl?' He said to the horse who seemed to understand and started to run down the beach.

Thunder? It couldn't be that much of a coincidence. I was beginning to think this really was a joke or worse, a trap.

Lightning, to my surprise, pulled on his reins to follow.

'Okay,' I said getting off him. 'Be careful my friend,' I said to his muzzle and let him follow the other horse.

Then, I looked at Rayn who surprisingly started to unbutton his shirt.

'What in the name of the Gods are you doing?' I said looking away.

'I can't swim in my clothes, come on,' he grabbed my arm and made me look at him.

His chest was bare, and he had only his underwear left. I was trying to look up and focus on his green eyes, but I really couldn't control my instinct.

'Come on Princess, don't tell me you've never seen a naked man,' he said in a teasing tone but managed to set my cheeks on fire.

He noticed my embarrassment and, I don't know if out of pity or mercy, he ignored it.