Chapter Two

I'm taken to the Night Court that evening, after a supper within the enormous dinning hall Helion only used for visitors.

It was over the meal of fresh vegetables, roasted goat and bread that I learned of Nesta's current predicament.

It seems my task may be more difficult than first presented.

"Her powers are no more?"

I ask pushing my food around my plate, I was vaguely aware of Azriel watching my every move out of the corner of his eyes from his place across from me.

Old habits die hard I guess.

Feyre shook her head and I watched as she took heaping bites of her meal.

"No, Cassian has said he's seen glimpses of it, but that she's containing it."

I thought that over, a power like that would be hard to push down. The Cauldron was not truly of this world.

I grimaced, if anyone could do it it would be the fire filled Archeron sister.

"I'm sorry for the loss of your father." I say to Feyre. Nodding my head solemnly.

And I'm sorry for not returning your letters.

Feyre had written me a few times since the war.

Each kind and thoughtful, with no rudeness that the letter prior had not elicited a response.

I didn't want to risk it, my new comrades, I guess they were.
But not friends, never friends.

Feyre gave me a sad smile, her mouth twisting down at the sides in a way that made me wonder if her thoughts had gone the same way as well.

Helion gave only a simple goodbye with a promise to write before I vanished into darkness a few hours later.

I grasped Rhysand's hand, ignore the gently out stretched one from Azriel.

He lowered it with out so much as a second glance.

We landed in a foyer, the red and gold carpets worn but still lovely.

The scent of sea and jasmine assaulted my nose from my first breath.

"This is the town house." Feyre turns to face me, "me and Rhys are across the Sidra in the River House. We thought you'd might like some privacy while your staying here."

She leads me into the main room, the townhouse some how looked expensive and like home at the same time.

I admired it all slowly.

They comfy chairs, the massive fire place.
It was gorgeous.

"You will mostly be here by yourself." Rhysand speaks from behind me.

"But I could also wager Az might spend a night or two just to get away from Nesta and Cassian."
I look to Azriel in shock but school my features quickly.

That will not do.

"Nesta and Cassian?" I say instead.

"A currently confusing relationship." Azriel grumbles from beside me, and I bite back a smile.

"Ah," I murmur following Feyre down the hallway as the males leave us. Presumably to get a drink.

Feyre leads me to a grand room, the first in the hallway on the right.

"This use to be my room," she says proudly, gesturing to the large four poster bed.

"After we moved I redecorated it and had some new furniture moved in. This house has been open to anyone of the inner circle since."