Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Quidditch, and other stuff.

When I was little, before Hogwarts, my parents and I used to live by a beach. I used to be fascinated with how the huge waves would build up, starting off so small you don't notice it and then sucking in the water around it. All of a sudden, the wave can take no more and it crashes down, catching anything in its way and carrying it to shore.

When you are in the waves path, it picks you up and washes you around. The water is over your head, blinding you while spinning you around madly. You try to stop, to put your feet down, but you can't reach the bottom. Then suddenly you are dumped onto the shore, alright and unharmed, exhilarated and happy.

When you think about it, love is like those waves. It starts of small, so small you don't realise its even there. Then it builds up, you begin to notice the feelings as it sucks in everything around you and everything begins to revolve around that person. And then, it all crashes down, you fall, spin, tumble, whirl around, you're in love. It picks you up and spins you around, you try to put your feet down but you can't stop. At the end, you are washed up on the shore, unharmed. You have either fallen out of love or the person loves you back. Whichever it is, you are happy.

Right now, I feel like I am in the middle of the wave, twisting, turning, trying to get air, trying to touch the ground. Meanwhile, everyone else was gearing up for the second to last Quidditch match - Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw.

James and Sirius were barely seen, always out on the field training up their new players. James said they were really good and that they had the game in the bag.

The day of the Quidditch match dawned bright and sunny and the Gryffindor team went down for some last minute practice. Me, Bella, Lily, Marlene, and Alice all went down to watch. Frank joined Alice a few minutes later.

The teams walked out onto the field as the people chattered excitedly in the stands. Faith Campbell, a Gryffindor sixth year, was commentating and looked nervous but excited and cheeky at the same time. (A/N: Faith and the commentary belong to @ezziedoll)

"And here come the teams. First Ravenclaw with captain and seeker Reed, chasers Cook, Turner and Roberts. and there's keeper Gray and beaters Burk and Slater. And there's the Gryffindor team with captain and chaser Potter, seeker Holden, the other chasers Pollard and McNeil and the beaters, Black and Walsh and keeper Fields. They take their places and the captains shake hands. Aw. How nice and polite. Watch and learn, Slytherins!"

"Campbell!"

"Sorry Professor. They mount their brooms, madam Hooch releases the ball and they're off! Cook takes the ball, passes it to Roberts, Pollard intercepts, passes it to Potter Potter scores! 10-0 for Gryffindor. Nice one James."

"Campbell."

"Sorry! Turner takes the ball and passes to it to Cook and... Cook scores. 10-10" Faith said sadly.

"McNeil has the ball, passes to Pollard, Pollard... misses, saved by Gray. Wait! Reed seems to have seen the snitch! On no, never mind. He was just faking. Nothing to worry about." The commentary went on like this until the score was 80-90 to Ravenclaw.

"COME ON GRYFFINDOR! KICK THEIR ASSES!"

"CAMPBELL! STOP CHOOSING SIDES OR I WILL TAKE AWAY THE MICROPHONE!"

"Who're we fighting for? GRYFFINDOR! Giving it all for the red and gold!" Faith started, which cause the whole of the Gryffindor stands to join.

"Who're we fighting for?"

"Gryffindor! Giving it all for the red and gold!"

"And who're we flying for?"

"Gryffindor! This is battle! This is war!"