Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Kicking and Screaming

As I expected. The beating was worse.

As I was walking out of the girls bathroom a strong pair of arms grabbed me around the waist and carried me off into secret corridor.

I screamed for help. And the next thing I knew, a wand was pointed at my face.

"Shut up bitch" came the ruthless voice that I hated more than anything in the world. Black. But I knew he wouldn't use langlock or anything like that. There was a muffliato charm on all the secret corridors and Black and Potter love to hear my screams.

Then I felt a sharp pain stab me on the left side of my middle back. Potter had arrived. He was the back and Black was the front. It was their rule. I cried out in pain as Black punched my stomach and all air quickly escaped my lungs. Potter and Black laughed.

Then Potter kicked out at the back of my knees and I fell to the floor. It was only ever the first punch and the first fall that I screamed. Then memories of all the other times I had been beat up came flooding back and I was able to be brave and not show cowardice or fear. This was always what happened. Every day.

How did people not notice? Well, as a very strict rule, they kept away from my face and neck. And the bottom halves of my arms. Which was good because my cuts hurt enough on their own.

As soon as I was on the ground, they stared kicking me. Everywhere over my already bruised skin, all but my face, neck and arms. Just the normal routine. Well, since sixth year anyway.

The first time the beatings started was when I got my first boyfriend, Frank Longbottom. When the devil duo were insulting me, Black suddenly lashed out and slapped me across the cheek. Then punched me in the stomach. Then Potter joined in at my back.

It had turned out that Frank was only dating me because he was trying to get over Alice Prewett. He still liked me, but not in that way. It was the same with me. I only said yes because I had never had a boyfriend until then. Ever. Alice and Frank were now a happily in love couple. Like I will never be.

Just as abruptly as the beating started, it stopped. When the devil duo (Lupin and Pettigrew knew nothing about the beatings. only the insults.) heard the bell for fifth period. They were gone in a flash.

AUTHORS NOTE: hey guys this is my first authors note for this book! Hope you are enjoying this fan fiction so far. Sorry this chapters short, it just felt like a good place to stop. Uhmm... Yeah.... C ya!