Chapter 22

Chapter 22: expecto patronum

It had been almost a whole week since the Hogsmeade trip and the clothes incident. The marauders had found all of their clothes and stopped being all pissy at us. But I did notice that Sirius was acting a bit weird and whenever I was talking to Remus he would interrupt.

Today in charms Professor Flitwick told us we would be casting patronus's.

"Okay class, the patronus of a person would usually be the form that person would choose if an animagus. I would like you to get into pairs and practice. Share your knowledge of patronus's with each other." He said in his usual high-pitched squeaky voice.

"Hey Pad-Sirius, be my pair?" Asked Bella with an evil glint in her eye, and I realised we would have to not use any nicknames today.

"LILYFLOWER!!" James yelled and instead of yelling at him she blushed and walked over. It caused quite a dew mutters around the class of 7th year Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs.

"Cyan?" Remus asked me and I nodded. Sirius scowled from the other side of the room, his gorgeous grey eyes narrowed in dislike. Wait... What?

"Expecto Patronum!" There were cries from all around the room but only me, Remus, Lily, James, Sirius, Bella, (surprisingly) Peter, and two Hufflepuffs managed.

James' stag and Lily's doe were quite plainly flirting which caused everyone that noticed to laugh. Peters rat was crawling around in the corners. Remus' wolf was roaming over to Bellas wolf (I'm pretty sure Remus is a werewolf), and Sirius' large dog was gambolling over to mine.

"Hey," Remus said suddenly.

"You know what it means if you have the same patronus as someone else?"

"No?"

"It means that you have feelings for that person" he replied cheekily and I blushed. Mine and Sirius' dogs were playing tag together. But then again, Lily and Janes were having fun watching their deer flirt.

For the rest of the class we had to write notes. But I was thinking over Remus' words. Did I like Sirius that way? I mean, I think he's very attractive and funny and handsome and cheeky and... I think I do like him. I just haven't realised it before.

At the end of the day I was so glad for a two day break (it was Friday).

In the dorm that night I was thinking about Sirius (since I realised I liked him earlier, he hasn't left my thoughts.) when Bella and Lily came in, giggling about something. They stopped suspiciously when they saw me.

"Imma gonna sleepa ina herea tonighta" Lily said weirdly and Bells and I nodded happily.

"So watcha thinking bout?" Bella asked.

"Just random stuff..." I lied.

"LIES!" Lily and Bella screamed together. Damn.

"Waddaya mean?" I asked nervously.

"YOU'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT A BOY!!" They screamed again. Maybe thats why we are usually the only ones to actually visit the dorm except to actually sleep.

"Tell the whole school why don't you!" I joked.

"If you like" Lily said casually.

"So who is the guy?" Bella prompted.

"Well, I like him, lots, but I never realised it until Remus pointed it out, and now Im scared of getting hurt because that is what will happen because he is a worse player than Rowan and this time I actually like him a lot and now its gonna hurt when I see his girlfriend of the week and i might actually stop for him if he asked because i like him that much and UGH!" I said angrily.

"Guessed yet?" I asked when I had calmed down.

"SIRIUS BLACK!" They yelled in sync again and I shushed them. But I nodded all the same and they squealed and giggled.

We went down to the common room later and I blushed when I saw the marauders (Sirius included) in the armchairs by the fire. Other than them the common room was empty.

"So why were you three yelling Paddys name up there?" James asked casually. Crap. I blushed. James and Remus noticed but obviously Remus knew so it was just James.

"Well Cyan asked who the new Hogwarts couple would include and then we just had to scream our answers. Happy?" Bella replied smartly. God i love her.

"Yeah but I reckon it'll be the Lily-James thing going on soon." I said. James smiled and Lily blushed. Hehe.

I sat down in James' lap and he pushed me onto Remus who pushed me onto Lily who pushed me onto Bella who pushed me onto Sirius and winked. I blushed which I seem to be doing a lot lately. Sirius just pulled me closer and made it so I couldn't escape. His strong arms felt so right wrapped around me.

"Actually," he started casually.

"I was thinking of quitting this whole player thing-" James snorted attractively and Sirius punched him.

"-because I have found a girl who I really really like and I am going to try make her like me back!" He finished proudly.

I leaned back into his arms and closed my eyes so the tears wouldn't spill over. I think only Bella, Lily and Remus would have noticed. James might have too.

After about half an hour I fell asleep but there were still tears in place for when I next opened my eyes.

I woke up in a bed that definitely wasn't mine, in a dorm that was only semi-familiar, that belonged to the marauders.

I looked around and saw Lily on James' bed but not right beside him. Bella was with Remus but she was asleep across the end of the bed. Peter was in his own which meant...

I rolled over and saw Sirius fast asleep, looking line an angel. Then I remembered last night.