Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Time To Fly

The next morning I rolled over in bed and pulled the blankets above my head. I was so tired and sore from yesterday. And confused.

Bella knew I was an animagus, she was a wolf herself. Colour changing too - since she was a metamorphmagus - but always with white markings.

Me and Bella were so alike. Everything about us was practically the same. Except I wasn't as experienced at being a metamorphmagus as her. I still was one, funnily enough. But it took a lot more energy for me to change because I hardly ever used my powers. She used hers a lot. But I decided I would practice later today.

I told Bella to tell the teachers I wasn't feeling well and to go to the kitchens and ask the house-elves to bring me breakfast, lunch and dinner - all healthy.

Because she is the best friend ever she agreed and said I should take a ride on my broomstick to clear my head - she can always tell when Im confused about something.

Then I burrowed under my blankets to think.

Black couldn't be an animagus, could he? I don't really think so. But what is he is?! I mean, the dog growled at me and Black hates me. The dog was the same colour as his hair. And it also had his eyes. Creepy, but they're so far-fetched that they must be coincidences.

If that dog was Black, he could rat on me for being an illegal animagus! He saw me before, while, and after I changed! I could go to Azkaban!! Crap. My heads starting to hurt from thinking too much and I was feeling full from the healthy but heavy breakfast I just ate. Time to fly.

I cast a disillusionment spell over myself so I could slip through the corridors unnoticed. Classes were still on. It was only 11am.

I reached the broom shed and went right inside, unlocking the door with alohomora and going right to the back where I pulled out a chair and stood on it. I reached into the rafters and pulled my broom down. Then I walked outside and mounted my broom, kicking off from the ground and soaring above the treetops.

I was on my broom for about two hours. The disillusionment charm off so that I would feel more comfortable. I was mainly sticking around the forbidden forest and the black lake but I was spinning, diving, flipping, twirling, gliding, rolling, soaring. I felt so alive when I was on my broom, with the wind tangling my brown curly hair.

And when I was on my broom it was like I had no problems. Like the 8 fresh cuts from this morning didn't exist. Like I had no scars. Not even on my heart.

And the best thing about flying was that it made me laugh. I hardly ever laugh. Even with Bella. But she is probably the only person at this school who has heard me laugh. And it was usually after we pulled off a great prank.

I had no idea that anyone was watching me until I saw the large black dog (unintentional pun) disappear into the forest. Great. Now I was starting to get suspicious again. I would have to ask Bella if Black was in class today.