Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Truth Or Dare

DISCLAIMER!!: all characters excluding Cyan Weston and Bella Smith, belong to JK Rowling. I own nothing.

We were currently in a DADA lesson when the teacher left the room for something, saying to hang around until she got back. She was an awesome teacher.

"OI! PADFOOT!" James yelled,

Sirius, who was over at mine and Bellas desk, stopped talking and yelled back.

"WHAT?!"

"STOP FLIRTING WITH CYAN AND GET OVER HERE!" I laughed. So did everyone else. But how I wish it was true.

Lily was getting more rebellious and laughing a lot more too. Heck, she even helped come up with some of our recent pranks! She was currently laughing at James' cheeky comment to Sirius. Well, everyone was. Even me. Everyone except Sirius.

Sirius had his middle finger aimed at James and if looks could kill, well, James wouldn't be doing too good. As well as glaring, Sirius was... hold on, blushing? Now thats weird. Really weird. The infamous Hogwarts manwhore, Sirius Black, blushing? Haha. I guess its not every day that the co-leader of the marauders gets embarrassed. HA!

The teacher walked back in and everyone took their seats again as the lesson resumed.

"Ok, so what were we doing again? Right, so when used against a dementor, the patronus charm works as a shield, summoning the happiness from your memory and using it to repel the dementor. When you are casting a patronus in a normal room with no pressure and no dementor, its not likely that you would need to use a happy memory to cast the spell." Professor Vetern explained.

"However, when you are near a dementor, you have both the fear and pressure and you will need a happy memory to cast the shield. You have cast the spell in charms under no pressure to perform well. Who could cast the charm?" She asked. Me, Bella, Lily, James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Hufflepuff 1, Hufflepuff 2, and Hufflepuff 3, all raised our hands.

"Ok well think of a happy memory or something because I have a boggart that is somehow gonna turn into a dementor when I cast a spell on it."

She brought the boggart out and muttered a spell and it turned into a dementor. Sirius and James went first and they both went perfectly. I bet James was thinking of Lily. Then the tree Hufflepuffs went next. One of them did it well, one made a shield but it wasn't a defined form, and the other didn't produce anything, even on her third different happy memory. Then Bella went. Then Lily. They both did well. Peter went and made a small wispy shield but it wasn't a corporeal patronus. Then it was my turn.

I stood there as the dementor approached me. I thought of the time when I got my Hogwarts letter.

"Expecto Patronum!" A thin wispy shield came drifting out the end of my wand.

"Try again, Cyan. Use a different memory." Professor Vetern prompted. I though of when I met Bella on the Hogwarts express.

"Expecto Patronum!" A dog burst out the end of my wand but dissolved into smoke when it hit the dementor.

"Try once more, Cyan! Think of the strongest memory you can!"

I though of a memory that had always been in the back of my mind but I had never fully tried. It wasn't exactly happy, but it was a very strong feeling.

"Expecto Patronum!" I cried, and a dog burst out the end of my wand and rammed straight for the dementor. It circled around and around the dementor while I kept the memory in my head.

I remembered Sirius, pulling me close in the willow tree, hugging me into his warm body and just holding me there. I thought of talking to him, just asking for random facts and giving my own in return. How his beautiful grey eyes would sparkle with mischief whenever he was around James. How he was leaning in, closer and closer, way up in the willow tree.