Chapter 23

Chapter 23: the almost-kiss

Tears slipped soundlessly from my eyes and my body shook with a sob. I just cried and cried until I was all cried out. Then I went into their bathroom and transfigured my hair clip from last night into a blade.

I slowly ran the blade across my left wrist. Once... Twice... Thrice... And then a strong hand forced the blade out of mine and threw it out the window.

The arms attached to the hands moved me over to the sink and washed the blood off me before magically healing the cuts. I was too upset to move, to talk, to do anything. My eyes were blurry with tears.

I was crying again. Sobbing. Shaking. The person turned me around and pulled me into their chest, hugging me. They picked me up and gently flung me over their shoulder, carrying me out of the dormitory and the common room and the castle.

We reached a tall willow tree and the person carried me through the long droopy leaves and up into the branches. We were hidden from sight.

I dried my eyes and looked up at the person who was still holding me. Sirius.

"Th-th-than-k y-you" I stuttered between shaky breaths.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked, his dark grey eyes showing concern as they looked into my cyan blue ones.

"I-i remembered some - some stuff that made me sad from last night and I woke up and I couldn't take it."

"Please stop" he said softly, looking at the scars on my wrist.

"Its not that easy." I replied hesitantly.

"For me?" He asked quietly and I felt like my heart stopped, I don't even know why.

I nodded, moved out of his arms(as much as I wanted to stay in them), and repositioned my self so he was above me and I was looking up at him.

We stayed there for hours, just talking or sitting in comfortable silence. We ended up climbing higher up. Sirius was right at the top while I was slightly below him.

"Why were you called Cyan?" He asked suddenly. It was now about lunchtime, at least it was a Saturday.

"Because of my eyes." I whispered and his deep grey eyes looked into my bright blue ones. I was lost in his eyes, all the feelings behind them.

I saw him slowly starting to lean down towards me and I instinctively tilted my head up, reaching towards him. Our lips were millimetres apart when I suddenly fell backwards, crashing through the branches.

"Cyan!?"

I landed hard on my right leg and heard a loud crack. Sirius looked startled but worried and jumped down from the tree, landing beside me. He scooped me up in his arms and ran off. Those were the last things I was aware of before I blacked out.

The first thing I noticed was that someone was holding my hand. Then I realised my eyes were closed. I opened them and found myself in a bright white room that I was very familiar with - the hospital wing.

Sirius was beside me and his hand was in mine. Bella was at the end of my bed, eating some chocolate, Lily was beside Bella, James was beside Lily, and Remus was opposite Sirius on my other side, looking at our entwined hands and smirking.

"POPPY!" Sirius yelled.

"SHES AWAKE!" The nurse came running in.

"Mr Black, how many times have I told you NOT to call me by my first name!" She said in an annoyed but resigned tone.

She gave me a potion to drink and it tasted like cat shit mixed with horse piss mixed with maggots and rotten food. In other words, it was gross.

I drank it and my leg (which had been feeling like fire) felt as good as new.

"Okay, everybody out apart from you, Miss Weston." Madam Pomfrey said as I tried to go out. Sirius remained by my side while everyone else said goodbye and left.

"Out, Mr Black" he still didn't move.

"Im staying" she sighed and walked away.

"Thanks for bringing me here" I said and he smiled at me.

Then the matron came bustling out and gave me a potion for dreamless sleep. I had been out cold till 8pm.

"Go on, take your potion." Sirius said.

"But where are you gonna sleep?" I asked.

As an answer, he jumped up beside me and wrapped me in his arms. That night I didn't need a potion for dreamless sleep.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•