Chapter 12

Chapter 12: ROR

Me and Bella were sitting in the Room of Requirement talking about what happened a few hours ago.

The ROR is the only secret room/passageway in the whole castle that the Marauders don't know about and we do. We know all the other secret passageways, tunnels, etc. But so do they.

We managed to communicate to each other and make up excuses to get away from the other girls who had gone all giggly when Rowan left, 10 minutes after Black.

Me and Bels have these identical bracelets that are thin silver bangles. The only difference is mine is engraved with swirls and has an amethyst stone, while Bels one is engraved with vines and has a emerald stone.

The bracelets are one-of-a-kind because if you press your left index finger onto the stone and say something in your head, the other person can hear it. It feels weird at first but you get used to it.

Me and Bella got them from her parents in year two. The bracelets came with a note explaining what they did, how to use them, and saying that her mother, Angela, invented them especially for us. It was my favourite gift ever. They disappear when you are sleeping or showering and reappear once you are finished.

At the moment, the ROR was a small circular room, with two comfy armchairs, two blankets, two pillows, two small bowls of chocolate(YUMMY!), and two glasses of elderberry champagne. All of this was in front of a warm blazing fire.

I sunk deeply into the first armchair, arranging the blanket and pillow to my liking. Bella did the same and passed me my bowl of chocolate.

"So did you see what happened to Blacks face when we started yelling at him? Do you think the others saw it?"

Yeah, I saw it Bels, but i don't think the others did.... What did it look like to you?"

"Surprise, like he thought you LIKED being bullied. Anger, he obviously doesn't like being shouted at. Confusion, maybe he was wondering why he started bullying you in the first place. Hurt, he was upset that we don't consider him our friend, haha, serves the arrogant prick right. And then.... Guilt? It was like i had imagined it! It was been and gone so fast! But it was definitely there. Why would he be guilty about bullying you? He hates you! No offence-"

"None taken."

"-But it was like in his eyes and it was like he wished he never bullied you in the first place! Wait... Was he even the one who started it?"

"I think so.... It was so long ago that its hard to remember... I asked to sit in their compartment... He said no but he looked at Potter as if asking if he did it right.... And then Potter insulted me and shit and i ran into your compartment crying..."

"Maybe.... Maybe Black doesn't hate you and its Potter who does and Potter is forcing Black to do everything... But what does Potter have against you?" I froze.

"Nothing.....?" I said as more of a question. Why is it so hard to talk to people about this?

"Cyan. Tell me."

"I-i cant."

"Cy Cy... Please..." I took a shaky breath.

"Well when we were little, we used to be best friends..." I began.

"We were as close as brother and sister. But he started to like me as more than a best friend or sister.... You know sparks? When we touched I would feel them. He did too." I took a breath and carried on.

"Only, to me they were a sign of our great friendship, our brother-sister sort of bond. He thought differently. When I told him he was a brother to me, he got angry about it and I kicked him out of my house. I told my parents i didn't want to see him and they stopped him from coming over when he tried. Even though i knew he wanted to apologise. I knew he still thought of me as more than a friend."

Bella was staring at me in shock. I had never told anyone this.

"And then when he started liking Lily when he first saw her on the hogwarts express, i could tell he knew i was right all along. But then i guess he got angry at me for kicking him out and yeah... We haven't spoken since. So i guess you could be right.... Maybe.... All the bullying could be James ordering Black.... But its highly unlikely. And even so, I still hate both of them."

Bella looked at me and in my head i heard 'aowh im so sorry for you' and she came over to me and gave me a huge hug. Thats what best friends are for.