Wild Dog 1

(My friend's cat, Snickers, shall start off this story. She is very excited. Full of enthusiasm. She's asleep.) 

The connecting flight had gotten delayed due to an incoming snowstorm. Pursing his lips, Blake looked up at the growing board of cancelations he'd been standing in front of for the past thirty minutes. His flight had long-since been added to it, but he'd hoped that the few other ones that would land him somewhere close to his intended destination, would still be available. 

Unfortunately, as the board flickered again with an updated list with three more flights added, he knew that his luck had run out. Turning away from the baggage claim, he began wheeling his single suitcase toward one of the large exit doors. His body ached as it began to snow outside, making him hesitate leaving. 

If it really is going to storm, the airport might not be accessible even when the planes do resume flying. It might be smarter to wait here...

But at the same time, he honestly couldn't find the willpower in himself to turn around. 

The weather looks like it's going to be bad for at least two days. Might as well go find a hotel and get some real rest. 

With his mind set, he waved down a taxi and hopped in. Since he wasn't exactly set on a specific place, he just requested to be dropped off in the middle of the nearest town. To his surprise, the nearest town wasn't exactly as big as he was used to. Sure, there were some big buildings and quite a lot of shops around, but when the car finally stopped and let him off on a street that had quite a bit of hotels on it, he was beginning to have second thoughts. 

He considered calling another cab, since his wasted no time speeding out of the area once he'd grabbed his suitcase from the trunk, but as the snow began to fall faster, Blake decided to just try his luck with a hotel. That was why he'd come into town, anyways. 

The first two he tried were right in front of him. One was nearly three-hundred a night, which was ludicrous, while the other only had a smoking room available. It had been hard enough to kick the habit. He didn't want to put himself in a position where he smelled the temptation constantly. 

Next and next. 

He tried three more along the long, deserted street, but again, no luck. By the time he got to the corner, where one final, little hotel sat, he was completely absolutely freezing and shivering like crazy. 

Just go inside and sit down if they don't have a room. 

If he stayed outside any longer he was definitely going to become hypothermic. So, he stepped inside, pulling the door open with a shaky hand. The inside was surprisingly-well taken care of and the scent of cleaning products was just present enough to tell him that the entrance was cleaned recently. 

I'm honestly impressed. Wasn't expecting much from this place considering some of the others' I've seen. 

Hesitantly hopeful, he tugged his snow-dusted suitcase up to the desk and tried to smile around his chattering teeth. 

"Hello, do you guys happen to have a room available by chance?" 

The guy sitting behind the desk didn't need long to look through his computer before slowly shaking his head. 

"I'm sorry, we're all booked up." 

Of course you are. 

Sighing, Blake turned to look outside. The snowstorm was really raging now, leaving him stranded. 

"Um... would it be okay if I just took a seat for a bit?" he asked, hoping that he could warm up and at least rest for a while. He doubted that the storm would calm down anytime soon, but at least he'd be warm and inside.