💀Dangerous Mimicry: Part 45💀

Start from the beginning

"But, how strange. Everytime we open the door, a Phantom will definitely appear right after that..." Epel muttered out. "Is it empty...? I'll check the inside."

"Wait, Epel-Kun. I know it's dark and it's hard to see, but.... Look closely." Room said to Epel, stopping him from getting any closer to the box.

"What....?" Epel muttered softly. "Ah, a Phantom is wiggling around!!"

"The impact of Vil's magic has slowed down its movement. Let's take it down now!" Rook said as they all nod.

"Okay!/Yes!" They didn't take long in defeating it. As soon as it was knkced into the River in the middle, it slowly melted away into nothing.

"... We hit the wrong one." Vil mumbled out.

"Yes, that's too bad...." Epel muttered.

"But we have the upper hand at the battle just now. As expected from you, Roi Du Poison." Rook said, turning to Vil.

"Nope. I made a bad move this time." Vil mumbled out. "If the staff is inside, u might have injured her. But if we get too careful, it will waste a lot of time and the Phantom might make the first attack, how troublesome."

"Don't worry! If anything happens, I'll protect everyone with my Unique Magic!" Epel said reassuringly.

"Hmph, it's great to see you getting fired up, but wasn't the probability of success just around 30% to 40%?" Vil chuckled out. "Also, it's better to keep your ultimate skill until you encounter a very critical situation. Now, let's find the next cage." Meanwhile with Y/n, she was just calling out to the Staff Member in the background while the Pomefiores were talking.

*Rattle!*

"That cage is shaking so hard!" Epel yelped out.

"Ooh-la-la! What an energetic Phantom." Rook hummed out.

"It might jump out anytime soon." Vil said to them. "It would be a problem if they attack Y/n while she's busy calling out for the Staff. Let's get rid of them as fast as possible."

"Then I'll destroy the cage." Rook said to the two.

"Okay. Epel, are you ready?" Vil turned to Epel.

"Yes, I'm all ready!"

"How reliable! Well then, let's start hunting... Ha!" With a blast of Magic, the three Pomefiores battle the ruthless Phantom.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"I already know there's only a Phantom inside... But I still feel like we are wasting our time." Epel sighed out as they watch the Phantom slowly melt away in the river.

"Oya oya, you don't have to be sad." Rook said to Epel reassuringly. "We get over the crisis with our teamwork. Shouldn't we be happy about that?"

"Uhm. But hitting the wrong box doesn't make me feel happy.... I guess." Epel muttered out.

"You're right. We shouldn't waste too much time and energy." Vil hummed out. "So this means it's time to stop talking. Now, let's find the next one."

*Rattle!*

"This sound.... It's definitely not a sound that a human can make." Vil mumbled out as he glances over at the box. "Is the Phantom banging the cage from the inside?"

"Seems like it. The cage is starting to deform... It's just a matter of time until it jumps out." Rook hummed out.

"Then let's open the cage and attack the Phantom first before it comes out!" Epel confidently said.

"Great idea! Epel-Kun, will you open the door?" Rook turned to Epel. "I'll be here waiting for the moment when the target appears."

"Leave it to me.... Ha!"

"GRRRRR!!!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Great job, both of you. It was a great teamwork." Vil said to them.

"We were able to take the lead thanks to Epel-Kun for opening the door with a single hit." Rook hummed out.

"I think it's because the cage was already half broken too... But I'm glad it went well." Epel muttered out. "Haa... But we have wasted some time. We need to hurry up and find the cage where the staff is at!"

"Yes, we don't have the time to talk." Vil nodded.

"Oui, let's pull ourselves together and keep moving." Rook hummed out. Meanwhile with Y/n...

"Hey! Can you hear me!?" Y/n shouted.

".... Help.... So cold...."

"!! She's here!" Y/n shouted towards the Pomefiores, pointing towards one of the boxes.

"!!! This voice is....!" Rook mumbled out as he rushed to Y/n's side with Epel and Vil following behind. "Staff-San, are you there!?"

"Yes... I'm here... Please...." The Staff stuttered out. "Please open this now... Quick....."

"Stay away from the door and crouch down! Here I come!" Vil shouted as Rook and Y/n step away from the box. "Ha!" With a swift blast of magic, the box was open.

"Are you okay!?" Epel asked, taking a step closer.

"Ah, I can finally go out...."

"!? T-The mist inside this cage is...!" Epel stuttered out as he slowly steps back.

"I'm free! Hahahaha!"

"Epel, stay back! That's not the staff, it's a Phantom!" Vil said as he pulls Epel behind him and Rook. The Phantom lunges at the Pomefiores but was smacked into the River.

"Not on my watch you'll hurt my boys." Y/n huffed out.

"GRRRRR.....! I thought I could finally be free....!" And with that, the Phantom melted away.

"Are you all okay??" Y/n asked. Vil and Rook nodded in response.

"Haa... Haa..." Epel's heartbeat was going as fast as a horse but immediately noticed something on the ground. "Ah, it dropped an ID Card....!? That Phantom was speaking human words... Is it tryiyto lure us by pretending to be the staff?"

"I didn't know there are Phantoms that can talk." Vil mumbled out as he picks up the ID Card off the floor.

"... There are plenty of beasts and birds that can mimic someone's voice to lure their prey." Rook muttered out. "And Phantoms are an entity created by 'powerful wizards'. It's not strange for them to have high intelligence."

"S-So scary..." Epel muttered softly.

"The deeper the layers, the more dangerous Phantoms are being kept... I see." Vil mumbled out. "We have obtained the ID Card. Let's get out of this Asylum now."

To Be Continued~