Chapter 50

When everything was in order and had settled down, Keoni and his soldiers began taking back control of the building and the security. There was still a lot of the original security personnel, so once the militia members were weeded out, things began to return to normal again.

Ana was in her father's office, which was now hers. With her was Desmi, her new advisor. Keoni was right about the man. He was loyal and ensured that the remaining staff members could be trusted.

"Ready?"

Ana nodded, and together they walked to the elevator and took it to the seventh floor. It was home to many rooms but the largest was the media room. Security guards checked everyone and their possessions, once again letting the media into this building. They waited, already sensing something was different. It had been a long time since they'd been allowed to return to the media room. Even the museum had been shut down. No one was allowed in unless they were someone that Pierre wanted to see.

When their broadcasts were interrupted by the leader's statement, they were a little surprised. Usually, Pierre's media relations officer contacted them to advise of a date and time of when a statement would be released. This time he'd just cut off their feeds and inserted himself into it.

The rumour mill was in overdrive because of Pierre's bizarre statement about the princess not being alive when everyone thought that she was dead anyway. There was an imposter stating that she was the princess. No one believed it. They all thought that something fishy was going on and began to wonder if the woman was in fact, the princess. After all, Pierre offered a mighty reward for her capture and insisted that she was not harmed.

Those who knew royal law began to weigh in on the subject that had sprung up out of nowhere. Debates and discussions began airing, and the consensus was the same. Something strange was going on and that this woman was probably the princess.

They stated that if one of the members of the royal family was alive, then Pierre would struggle to maintain a hold on his leadership. If it was the princess, then he could marry her and settle it once and for all. Given Pierre's insistence that the woman was not harmed and delivered to him alive, they all agreed that this woman was probably the princess and Pierre intended to marry her.

The conversation then turned to how it would work in the future if that happened. Anarameha would be the leader, not Pierre. One person piped up and said that laws can be changed and that it would happen if the marriage was allowed to proceed.

Silence hit the media room when the doors opened. A collective gasp echoed as Ana walked in with Desmi at her side. The reporters all knew Desmi as the king's advisor, and to see that he's returned meant that something big was about to be made public.

The cameras began clicking as Ana approached the podium. She offered a pleasant smile as she adjusted the microphone.

"Good morning, and thank you for coming here at such short notice. If you haven't already figured it out, I am princess Anarameha Kerelos."

Her eyes began to glow softly, and murmurs broke out among the reporters. It was true.

"During the coup that saw my family die at the hands of the murderer, Pierre Normace, I was put into an escape tube at my father's request. I have hidden for all these years until fate delivered me to the man that saved me that day. General Adileko did as his king demanded. He is the reason that I can stand before you today, as your queen. Pierre Normace is on the run and is now a wanted criminal. I will let my advisor fill you in on the details of the reward for his capture and answer any questions that you may have. In the coming days, I will come before you with a deeper statement and my plans for the future. For now, I ask that you give me a few days to return to the place that was my home, reacquaint myself with the staff and ensure that they were cared for in my family's absence and, of course, mourn the loss of my family. Thank you."